S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Just had Allstate adjuster look at my car in reference to my accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default not always

I have traded in cars before and the carfax was clean, or they would be wrong. not reliable at all
Old 04-27-2005, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed with the adjuster.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had an "encounter" with a neighbor. Same argument. 2 bodyshops two different answers.

First body shop wanted to repair the fender (minor damage), second bodyshop wanted to replace. I opted for the replacement since the car had about 1100 miles when it happened.

I agree that a good shop should be able to replace & refinish the bumpercover and baring any hidden damage, you probably would not know the difference. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Default same for me, I really really wanted it replaced, the body shop said

really no need to. Another body shop said let's replace it. Opted to just repair because it was much cheaper. Looks brand new
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Agreed...not sure how CF sources it's info., but I'm betting part of it is tracking SR-22 filings...

...with the DMV, at least here in Cali. If that's the case, then they're missing a lot (of accident history). Many accident vic's here never file the thing, even though they're required by law to do so (when the damage exceeds $X, etc.). : /
Old 04-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Elder Member

From what I understand, it's the ins. companies that file them... it's in their best interest.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Elder Member

So... what'll it be Dr. GP!??!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:51 PM

Default My bad...now called the SR 1. According to DMV, responsibility falls on the vic's...

...and based on my personal accident history where insurance claim(s) were involved, this doc was not filed by my company on my behalf. As always, YMMV.

SR 1

If you are involved in a vehicle accident that occurred in California, you must report it to DMV if:

There was property damage of more than $750 ($500 for accidents prior to January 1, 2003) or
Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or
Anyone was killed.

Each driver must make a report to DMV within 10 days, whether you caused the accident or not and even if the accident occurred on private property. Mail the completed report form to the address on the form.

You can read the California Driver Handbook "Reporting The Accident To DMV." for additional information.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just had Allstate adjuster look at my car in reference to my accident

well I'll tell you that a higher end insurance company like chubb or travellers will allow a replacement. You pay for it in premium though.

Also, re: replacement...lets face it thee are not exotics but daily drivers and if you parallel parlot its goign to get nicked anyway so repair is fine.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 PM

Default ...and why I was guessing this may be an area CF is pulling info. from...also from the Cal DMV site:

Use of Reports

16005. (a) All reports and supplemental reports required by this chapter including insurance information forms shall be without prejudice to the individual so reporting and shall be for the confidential use of the department and any other state department requiring such information, except that the department shall upon request disclose from the reports:

(1) The names and addresses of persons involved in the accident.

(2) The registration numbers and descriptions of vehicles involved in the accident.

(3) The date, time, and location of the accident.

(4) Any suspension action taken by the department.

(5) The names and addresses of insurance carriers.

But hell, I'm just guessing here....they probably have all kinds of ways to get it, but this seems like an easy avenue to leverage.

Quick Reply: Just had Allstate adjuster look at my car in reference to my accident