S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Lightest Strongest Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightest Strongest Wheels?

The major contenders seem to be the O.Z. Superleggera and Volk TE37. From what I've heard, it seems like the TE37 might be slightly lighter (and possibly stronger?). Anyone know for sure, which is the lighter of the two?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:29 AM

Re: is it te37 or le37??????????
Old 04-09-2004, 08:42 AM
CRB
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Lightest Strongest Wheels?

If you are talking specifically about only those two wheels only, because I seriously doubt that the cast Superleggera is as strong as a forged BBS RGR and they are the same weight.

Of those two you mentioned I think the Volk is both lighter and stronger.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: is it te37 or le37??????????

We're talking about the TE37. The LE37 is a old model that was discontinued a while ago.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: i had the oz sl's on my b5 they are light and look nice but a bit weak

i bent 1 within the first 2 weeks. hit a large pothole on a dark street. didnt even see it coming. the bend wasnt bad. but noticable depending on the way the car was parked. if the streets are bad in your area scratch off the sl's.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Lightest Strongest Wheels?

The BBS RGR is a forged wheel but somehow it doesn't strike me as being as strong as the TE37. I know it's irrelevant but perhaps it's the spoke design of the TE37 that makes it look a lot more sturdy than the RGR. Anyhow, I'm basically trying to find the lightest and strongest wheel for performance and practicality. So far for me, the Volk wheel has left a strong impression. Any other wheels in mind?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: i had the oz sl's on my b5 they are light and look nice but a bit weak

That's exactly what I'm afraid will happen. That's why I'm trying to find the wheel that is "pound for pound" the strongest wheel out there.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default from what i have heard, Volks are about the strongest and lightest wheels you can buy

unless you wanted to go alll out with some crazy magnesium wheels, etc.

OZ superleggeras are sorta the budjet light wheel (they arent forged, etc.)

a step up from OZ is probabley the BBS's, they are strong, light, and many are forged and pricey,

but i think the best of all may be the Volks, they are pretty freaking pricey (though so are some of those two piece BBS's) but they are strong as hell and certainly light.

HRE's seem to be the top dog on these forums however, (maybe because volks are japanese? hehe, people worried about rice?) but IMHO HRE's are over priced and not quite as light as i would want them to be.

keep in mind this is all from a guy whos trying to scrape together enough money just for an intake and exhaust, so wheels arent quite in my near future (i.e. i may not be as informed as others here about wheels) but i hope that will soon change
(me likey BBS CH)
Old 04-09-2004, 09:16 AM

Default TE/LE-T3 ar both stronger and lighter than SL; but don't know about being Strongest or Lightest(this

be possible)

LE-T might be the lightest but because of that it is hard to be the strongest. I think it is possible to say that it is the strongest at its weight class maybe...

Always go forged when you can afford it. SL is cast
Old 04-09-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: i looked at the te37 they are a nice looking wheel

thats prob the way i will go gettin a price from friend today.........

Quick Reply: Lightest Strongest Wheels?