S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Lightest Strongest Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Volk TE-37s

I've got these on my RX-7 and they are indeed light and reportedly very strong. I didn't weigh them before mounting but the stock B6 wheel I have felt about twice as heavy as the 18x9.5 Volk.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: HREs SUCK

Just kidding... but it made you look. I think HREs have such a positive reputation on these boards because they are strong, marginally lightweight, and they look as expensive as they are. It's the basic want-it-all mindset that people have and as Audi owners, needless to say, I think we're all down with that.

Ok, here's where I get a bit serious. My only beef with this forum are some members who use wheels like a status symbol or currency of some sort. They praise their wheel every chance they get while criticizing those of others. I think that's a pure display of immense insecurity on their behalf. It breaks my heart every time I see a member getting drilled by others because of how inexpensive or "ugly" their wheels are. The guy probably saved up his hard-earned cash to invest in them and these insensitive ****** have to bring them down. If you aren't feeling their wheels, just don't comment on them. Why some feel an obligation to post replies telling them they don't like it, I honestly can't comprehend. I know America's a free country and free speech and blah blah blah but you know, freedom is granted to all. Do what you have to do to be happy, but so long as it doesn't detract from that of others' - that's my motto. For all of you that have kept your mouth shut despite itching to criticize, you have my respect. Heck, I might even end up with HREs myself, I don't know. But one thing is for sure, I'm not going to be so insecure as to bust on others to make myself feel better.

On a lighter note, I personally think the VOLK TE37 looks great and more importantly is an awesome performer. Even if some members think it's "ricey" and being Japanese myself, I'm not insecure enough to avoid buying quality products just because my German car might be "insulted". Just for the record, I'm not the type that takes offense to terms like "ricey". I find it to be a humorous euphemism and those who take offense to it shouldn't be so serious. I love my S4, but I know it most likely won't outlast a Toyota half its price in the long run. Nothing wrong with eating rice, the vast majority of the world does. =)
Old 04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Lightest Strongest Wheels?

I used to have TE37 in my R34 Skyline GTR in Hong Kong about 3 years ago.

The TE37 is the storngest and lightest (when you are looking at it as a whole idea) in the entire Japaness market. (I am 100% sure!)

But this is also a trade off because whenever the wheels are getting lighter, the wheels will become a bit softer (in certain degrees). Therefore, you will find some Strongest wheels in the market but the trade off is it will get heavier.

The weight will be your primary concern because if you get damaged your wheel, just replace a new one.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: is it te37 or le37??????????

It is RAYS Volk Racing TE37!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Lightest Strongest Wheels?

Oh... If you are willing to spend more money, please don't forget the suspension. In my past experience with Skyline GTR, a new set of suspension have more value than the new set of wheels in terms of handling and driving pleasure.
But when you are driving a brandnew S4, I don't think $$ is the top concern, right?