S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Most horrendous dealership experience of my life (YBH audi in Edgemont PA) LONG

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most horrendous dealership experience of my life (YBH audi in Edgemont PA) LONG

My father is in the market for a new car, we went to ybh in order talk pricing on the s6 and s8 with the salesman I purchased my first audi from back in 2000 (a 1999 a4 2.8. When i decided to take the plunge, and buy my s4 I called my salesman at ybh and i also called Don Rosen Audi on JDblueAudis4's suggestion. both salesmen worked very hard for my business but in the end Don Rosen had won me over not only in price but with a more personal service department (YBH's poor reputation had forced alot of the service guys i knew away)
Anyway as my father and I are standing outside admiring a Brilliant Black S6 on the ybh lot Gary (my aforementioned salesman) walks up and is as polite and knowledgeable as usual, my father explains what he is looking for financially and Gary offers a test drive. After we thankfully accept we wait in the showroom for gary to return with the keys. As we are walking out, Jim Hanna inherited owner of YBH interrupts himself from leaning on a showroom car and watching football to yell in our direction
"Gary where are you going?" gary replies that we were on our way to test drive the s6.
Jim Hanna continues as follows:

"Oh really?!" now looking at my father "you are going drive the s6?! where are you going to buy your s6?! My salesmen have children to feed, go jerk the salesmen around at the dealership where you are going to buy your car."
and continues to insult my father and I because i didnt buy an s4 from them.
My father just shakes his head in his direction...but at 22 i am a little more direct when someone gets in my face and insults a family member so of course i used my own words to describe his belligerent and unprofessional behavior as he verbally tries to provoke me to get physical before saying "get the f%*k out!"
I shake gary's hand and apologize my father does the same. the entire place is without words and Gary has the most disgusted embarrassed look on his face...It was an absolutely terrible display. professionalism just went completely out the door.
Later that day I spoke with Gary who was extremely apologetic and genuinely in shock at what had happened. He is a good salesman a shame he is tied to such a dysfunctional dealership.

I am also going to add that my fathers audi history goes back to the late 60s, with his 100ls, and when he moved to the states in the late 70s, and his medical career started to bud he purchased a 5000 turbo from the very same dealership in 1982.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Oh hell naw!! I would have had to whoop his *** for that! Nobody insults my family for no reason..

and then insults you too? I would have to report him to the better business bureau for sure!!! So you felt threatened? I would sue him!! Hit him where it hurts...financially and legally!!
Old 10-15-2006, 03:32 PM

Default No surprise. YBH Audi's service dept was rather insulting to me in the past.

Its no surprise that their owner would insult customers.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pathetic how resentful he sounds in such a competitive industry.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default What a POS! I know Jim and YBH well and that is so disgraceful. i also did not end up getting my S4

from them bc after asking Jim about finding me one he says"yea i will see what i can do in the next couple weeks". i say Jim i am looking to pull the trigger ASAP and he just shrugs and says he'll se what he can do when he gets some time. Meanwhile a kid over at Winner makes a couple calls and in 15 min has tracked down the exact car i am looking to get.

YBH is close so i get it serviced there but after hearing this i will make the drive to DR w/o thinking twice. to insult a buyer and then threaten him on top is so weak. i am glad to hear you were the bigger man and did not engage him on his level.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 PM

Default they wouldnt let me drive a b5s4 when i was ready to buy.

i called up don rosen and asked if they could beat Youve Been Had's price by x amount. they agreed and had a check the next day.

unfortunately don rosen's service has been deplorable in the past year. i had my car there three seperate times telling them i was getting coolant contamination in the engine and probably had a head gasket leak. after charging me close to 1k each time to fix other non broken things, i took it elsewhere, found out my suspicions were correct, and they were lying about testing and not finding contamination. i had to buy a new motor thanks to them.

also have an a8 and a4 purchased from them with similarly awful service. once mr hendrix took over service went in the crapper.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:23 AM

Default Don't get mad...get even ;)...I'd write a letter to Audi North America....

and post this message to every Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/etc. message board.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default dude solution call Rob....

I have never been impressed with YBH. Call Rob @ Audi WG and I am sure he will take care of you.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default DR Service seems to go up and down...

I kinda follow my sales guy and since he is now at Audi WG even though its a bit of a hike at least I know if service pisses me off sales will put the hurt on them for me.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

javeronik?

Quick Reply: Most horrendous dealership experience of my life (YBH audi in Edgemont PA) LONG