S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Moving to Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Phoenix

What's up AW? I am moving to Phoenix to live in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best dealership to take my car to for maintenance? Also if you guys know of any good performance shops? And a good body shop because I need my bumper repainted, since I dukes of hazzard off a dirt mountain from the california rain. Thanks for any help!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Welcome. What area on PHX are you moving to? There are 2 dealers in the PHX area.

Scottsdale Audi South (SAS)
Scottsdale Audi North (SAN) lol.
Those are your choices. They are owned by the same company (United Auto).
I've had my car into SAS for warranty work and service. They offer great service, and are friendly. Ive been working with Jeff Aguilar for a Service Advisor. SAS offers hertz rentals, and I hear from rtbarry that SAN is now offering audi loaners.
As far as performance shops around the valley, I haven't heard great things about any of them. I spend some time in So Cal, and am just thinking about having some work done over there at a more trusted shop. There is a local forum that has some shop recommendations you may want to check out for yourself.... azaudi.org.
Hope that helps ya. There seems to be more forum members popping up in AZ, so I'm sure somebody else will chime in with additional info.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Elder Member

Default excellent advice. SAS also has (new) audi service vehicles for when you have to leave...

...your baby.

both dealers' service bays are <b>swamped</b> cuz there are only 2 serving the whole valley and they are both owned by the same dude (united auto = mr. penske). yet they don't like to share resources very much. seems like a bit of intra-company competition. good or bad for us? not sure yet ;-)
Old 11-17-2005, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Welcome...

Like Steve said, two dealers but not much difference. I would choose for geographic convience since they are so close in service / sales / policies ...

I am a North Scottsdale customer so if that turns out best for you, let me know and I'll point you to the right folks up there - if you end up at South, check with Steve.

Also, check out azaudi.org - quite a bit of local information (good place to ask about the paint work you mentioned) and schedule for twice a month german car get together (I make it about 4 times a year but it's a great bunch of folks). Also, EVERY Saturday night at the Pavillions (Indian Bend an 101) there is a killer car show that the Audi folks try to group at on occasion - even if not an Audi thing, it's a must do.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Audi North Scottsdale or Scottsdale Audi...

They are both great, both run by the same company, just choose the one that you're closest to. I prefer North for service though, service advisor Jason Brown is by far the best service advisor you will ever encounter.

For performance shops, I recommend a place called DynoComp in Scottsdale. I've worked with them many times, and they are great guys and can do anything you imagine pretty much. They are a tad $$ though, but worth it in my opinion.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Welcome...

Thanks for the help so far. I will be working in Phoe on university drive, but I haven't found a house yet, but I am looking to live in Glendale, Peoria, or Goodyear.