S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

mtaesch.....response to you and all youngin b5'ers

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mtaesch.....response to you and all youngin b5'ers

First, to quote what you said regarding the porsche carrera GT question of mine:

"Yes, he really owns the car, yes i have driven it. I was just disapointed with some of the remarks guys were making, about me "playing to much grand turismo" I may be 18 but i dont even play video games. They asked for pictures, when i posted them, they analyized them completely, taking it is as far as my neighbors and the leaves on the ground. I was actually reading some of your posts, and it seems like the B6 owners showed much more respect for you being 19 in a B6, than the B5 owners showed me. I love the B5 so much more than the B6 (no offense) but the kindness the B6 guys showed ALMOST made me wish i owned a B6. Not quite tho, Natural aspiration stinks"

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Now, for my response:

Firstly, that is a great garage! im sure your family appreciates those cars for what they are.

As for the other points you made....well i dont know quite how to put it....but....

STFU!! you silly *** n00b.....

The only thing that pisses me off about b5 owners is their false sense of superiority....*cough* interesting signature *cough*...

Many newbie young kids getting B5's assume that they know more than b6 owners because they own a b5, join the forums and see the stupid longstanding rivalry between b5 and b6 owners, and decide to join in (their own driving ability or car's performance not even entering into the equation).....

However, realize that many b6 owners are ex-b5 owners...and for a reason....
Furthermore, many of us (myself included) have attended professional racing schools and/or have worked at Audi dealerships, etc. etc. and actually know a good deal about cars and driving...Lumping all b6 owners into a single category would be a mistake and a particularly embarassing one if you were to post something inflammatory and then happen to run into one of us at a track event....nothing, i assume, would be more embarrasing than getting (gasp) PASSED by a B6

I also think you should watch the "N/a stinks" comment as that sort of blanket statement shows a good deal of ignorance regarding engines and racing and performance in general (highly discussed topics on these forums). Besides the most obvious example, your Carrera GT, many people prefer N/A cars for tracking (ask anyone if they would rather drive a GT2 or a GT3 on a track and see what happens).

There are certainly tradeoffs for each but n/a is still going strong (ill take that Z06 over the ford GT thank you very much)

Besides, A dolt could drive a stg3 b5 s4 fast around a track (well, all our cars are teh slow compared to lighter vehicles but awd makes these cars as forgiving as it gets so it doesnt take THAT much skill). However, if you could have a 500hp REAR wheel drive car, much less in a fickle mid or rear engined format, and you were going to track it, would you rather have some big donkey turbos or have a few extra cubes and be n/a? I would go with n/a (especially considering the weight savings developments manufacturers have these days! oh and did i mention my 4.2 doesnt weigh any more than your 2.7 v6???)

Speaking of 2.7t v6, i owned a lightly modified 2.7T a6 myself....come talk to me about the b5 after you have paid for your new turbos and TB service, etc. ...stuff adds up

So, in summary: you have 98 posts total and are uid of roughly 90k, chillax and dont post ignorant garble and in time you will be respected

Furthermore, dont talk **** about B6 owners or our cars as you, of all people, have no right to do it. When you have personally logged hours on the track as well as hours spent under your car fixing **** and dealing with homebrew turbo setups and fats times and the endless tinkering that is required on big power b5 cars THEN you can come over here and call one of us out for something stupid (Though, i think you'll find then that it isnt necessary....you'll be secure enough in your abilities to not feel the need to bash on someone over here that is probably a n00b like you once were...errr...well....technically still are now....)

Now go enjoy your car and for gods sake post vids of that CGT!

P.S. I am sorry if it looks like i am just calling you out here...You are sorta just the "straw that broke the camel's back" and im sure you didnt mean to be malicious
Old 11-15-2005, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

very nicely put
Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so....you popped your cork eh......
Old 11-15-2005, 12:12 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Hey wait a minute...you can't talk to him like that!

He's a B5er!

:-P

I must have missed the drama...and you know what...I don't want a link!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ahh, the tell-tale uid number.

explains it all.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default heh, yep and i usually am one to get angry when people use that as reasoning

but in this case it is a necessary evil.....

;0
Old 11-15-2005, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts
Default WOW

Where did that all come from? LOL! Pretty hilarious, and fairly true. Also, I sold my TT because I was getting tired of constantly tinker with turbos and boost blah blah...I love the N/A car. I think its hilarious he is bashing N/A with a CGT in his garage. I am guessing this is a little pent up agressions also from the times you havent been taken seriously...I empathize with you there...alot of people see a "kid" (a 21 year old kid in my case) and think I know nothing about cars...where as I have always done all of my own modding, rebuilding, etc with my dad and brother in our garage. I raced professionally, quit to go to college, and now still enjoy racing and tinkering as a hobby. My brother and I help my dad take care of all the cars we have, and we drive them, so I dont feel like some noob dumbass when I post pix of our garage that we have spent countless hours in working and playing.
From that last post...you sound like a pretty cool guy, and I think it would be awesome to run some laps at Autobahn...even though Im not really sold when it comes to tracking our S4's...maybe I will have to try it sometime. We also plan on getting the GT3 out on the track a few times next summer, so Im pumped for that.