S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

OMGHI2MILTEK NONRES EXTREMETOTHEMAXAWESOMEFANTABULISM

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMGHI2MILTEK NONRES EXTREMETOTHEMAXAWESOMEFANTABULISM

lol, NOW im allowed to say it!!!

The exhaust came in at my dealership at noon today (which was really quick considering it was sent out last thursday and wasnt priority). At 12:30 I called bob at strat to get the tracking number so i would know when to pick it up and it had already been delivered to the parts department.
As soon as i got off work i sped home for dinner and went to my freind's house for the install (he has full set of air tools and jack stands, etc). We have been at it all night. Few words of advice:
*just onbolt the rearmost muffler hangers, they are easy to get off your old exhaust and on the new one when off of the car
*find whomever designed the mid hangers....and kill them. Seriously those were a b!tch to get off and on (but ya cant blame audi for making a tough product).
*bring along some means of getting your stock exhaust home or in the dumpster, it aint going in your car (it would block you from shifting and totally mess up your interior with grime).

But when it's all said and done, it is SOOO worth it. Its almost 1 am and i have work early tommorow but i had to tell you guys how great it is. It looks perfect (the tips were actually very easy to align), it sounds great (frankly its not loud enough for me....time for downpipes ), it makes the DBW problem all but dissapear, and it saves weight (better mpg for those of you who dont drive like i do). Last of all, im willing to bet that those m3 drivers that looked at you like you were a waste of time before, will give you a second, slightly nervous, glance this time around.
The intake goes sometime this week and i will give you a full story after the exhaust is fully bedded in and the intake is done.

P.S. the guys at strat were a delight to work with. Pete took time out of his busy preparations for waterfest to personally talk with me, and later Bob and i had a great convo about some of the upcoming mods for our cars. Those guys are true Audi enthusiasts. (I knew it was true when bob told me how he has more fun driving his modified Allroad than Strat's Porsche 911 turbo).
Old 07-19-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Im drinking some fanta right now. Its caffine free.

Im spiteful ... congrats btw :-D Have fun with it. Dont drive it into a pole, cuz then u would be sad and we all wold be sad.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:35 AM
Elder Member

Default OMGHI2MOREDRUGS :-D Congrats! Enjoy that. The intake will definitely give you a boost...

and when it's time for dp's...OMFG.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the intake gives you a boost.....

if you install it right :-P. Just like the shifter.... BWAHAHAHA.....
Old 07-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Elder Member

Right on...RTFM always helps. ;-)
Old 07-20-2004, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default now only if they made a manual for sunday night....

nah the hands on experience is better BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Elder Member

Default TRUE!!!

Live and learn my man...that's the only way to deal with, aheam, sticky situations such as these. ;-)

*sigh*...your killing me.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i know im rolling over here...

im watching futurama, doing physics and LMAO.... good times.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I am sure your loving the music comming out the back of the car now :)

IT gets addicting all you want to do is get on the throttle. Congradulations. and enjoy
Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 AM
Elder Member

Definitey was...we have to do that again sometime.

Quick Reply: OMGHI2MILTEK NONRES EXTREMETOTHEMAXAWESOMEFANTABULISM