S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Only $38K for 2004 S4? Is this true?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I wouldnt buy another Audi again from any Audi dealership.

I agree. I completely agree.

Audi would have to improve, just to have lousy service.

My car (05S4) has been at the dealer for over a month now with an electrical fubar. The dealer can't fix it.

So the dealer had to call a tech. to come and take a look at it. I've been waiting for the tech. to show up for over a week now. Apparently there is 1 tech. that serves Wyoming, CO and Utah. If the tech. got sick, his car breaks down (I bet he drives a reliable car, not an Audi), or decides to quit one day, I get the feeling I'd be hosed.

I've had two brand new Audi's -- a tt, now the S4. So I feel like I have a qualified opinion about the company.

When I first took my s4 in, they gave me a Hundai Allantra with no snow tires. Never mind, that I live in snow country. I beetched about it, so they finally ponied up and upgraded me to an SUV. They didn't deliver it to me, they made me drive down to Denver to pick it up. A great car company brings the car to the customer.

Audi was informed to dispatch a tech. out over a week ago. I got a call today that the tech. showed up, I haven't yet checked to see. A great car company would have a tech. on site a day or two after the request from the dealership. But instead, since I guess Audi can only afford to have 1 tech. for 3 states, I have to wait. Like I say, Gawd help me if the tech. gets sick. I guess I'd have to wait for him to get well?

Cars break, stuff happens. But for a car to sit at a dealership for as long as mine has, 2 weeks with no action being taken, I just find that unacceptable. I find it even more unacceptable, that Audi seems to be understaffed. 1 tech. for 3 states? That's a joke. Audi charged me the equivelant of a down payment for a home for my car, but they can't afford proper staffing? Phooey on them.

Also, no one seems to work on Fridays. I call them on Fridays, my SA doesn't work on Fridays. In the month since it's been at the dealer, nothing has ever been done on a Friday. So on top of it all, they only seem to work on problems part-time.

Yes, my car rocks. I think that's the problem. I think Audi knows they make cars that are popular with guys like me, therefore they take advantage of me. They know I love my car and no matter how bad they hose me, that I'll probably buy another.

That attitude will backfire. Because one of these days some car company is going to figure out that there's a loyal customer base out there to be had -- Audi drivers. If they make a car that meets my demands and they back it up with a GUARANTEE of outstanding service, they got my business, I know that.

Audi has already lost business from me. My friends, all of whom are car enthusiasts like me, all know my Audi stories. One of them, just went out and bought a Volvo XC90 with 311 hp. I wonder how much my stories of poor service affected their decision?

Another friend has an All Road. They too, are buying an XC90. I think car manufacturers are starting to notice that there's a customer base out there with "motor oil in their blood". They're making cars for them.

Sure, for every horror story there are countless other stories of problem free driving. But a car company doesn't earn it's reputation on problem free driving. It earns its reputation, on how effectively they handle problems.

My dealings with Audi have never been pleasant. When my cars have broken, it seems to me they do all they can to cut corners, not, to go that extra mile and provide outstanding service for their customers.

I wrote Audi an email, calling them, "...a hapless and pathetic organization." I stand by my comments.