S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Please help: When was 1st Avant order placed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help: When was 1st Avant order placed?

Hey everyone, I'm about to try negotiating with my dealer, and I need to know when the first few orders were actually loaded into the system - by that I mean what was the earliest date that anybody actually had a production week listed. (it doesn't matter the actual production week)

I'm sure it doesn't make sense why this would matter, but it has to do with a promise they made me on placing my order, and then broke, and that being my reason for breaking our pre-negotiated MSRP deal.

I have a second question coming up that is the second half of this...
Old 09-19-2003, 09:34 AM

I placed my order in mid May. Order placed with factory later that week.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:40 AM

Did you get a prod. week immediately?
Old 09-19-2003, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Avant production is slower then sedan just based on numbers...

also remember orders in the system mean jack without an allocation. How large is the dealer?
Old 09-19-2003, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Did you get a prod. week immediately?

I ordered my Avant in May, got a commission #, but to this day the dealer has never gotten an allocation for the car. Order date means nothing unless the dealer has an allocation. Avant allocations have been very scarce, and unless your dealer is in very good standing with AoA he probably couldn't get an earlier allocation.

DMoore
'04 S4 Avant
Old 09-19-2003, 10:22 AM

I heard my production week in early June since I was part of the initial allocation.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I can vouch for everything being said here... Avant allocations are hard to come by...

I still don't see any harm in trying to re-negotiate your deal. Don't be disappointed if they say "NEXT!" though.

I originally contacted 2 local dealers in Feb./April... was told I'd be getting my car no later than August. August rolls around and still no allocation. Eventually ended up expanding my search to another state...

Now I'm expecting my car in early Nov.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 AM

Default I have two faxed Order status sheets from BH Audi...

The first one is dated April 28 and shows a status of (10) Factory Order Bank. The second one is dated May 9 and has the assigned production week as 24/2003. The car finished factory inspection on July 8. It arrived at BH Audi on August 25. I took delivery on August 27.

I don't know if that helps you any at all.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:59 PM

Default They got 6 sedan allocations in the first month

All 6 had build weeks in the low-mid 20's.

I'm not exactly sure how that adds up, but I believe it's above average.

I have a suspicion that Avants allocations were not distributed across dealers up-front. I think they are expecting fewer than 1 Avant sale per dealer for a while. It's just a theory, but I think they held the small # of Avant allocations at AoA, and hand them out based on whose order came in earlier - out of the whole country.

If I'm right, then the 2 week delay made all the difference in the world.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:51 PM

Default I think Avant allocations weren't distributed up front...

like sedans. I think they expected far fewer Avant orders than they have dealers.

So rather than guess, and have a bunch of cars end up at dealers that don't find a buyer for them, I think what happened is AoA held them all, and doled them out as dealers put Avant orders into the system.

Now whether they played favorites and passed over low volume dealers who had an order in earlier, I couldn't begin to guess. But I do believe that dealers aren't "getting Avant allocations" per se - I think they won't get one until after the place the order.

Quick Reply: Please help: When was 1st Avant order placed?