S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Poll: My post on my experience with my newly Revo flashed car vs BBRS4's take

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post you noob loser
Old 01-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Post it, I learned from the differinng opinions
Old 01-09-2005, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Post, if done properly....

And for the record I think you did your best Sia. I don't think you were biased in your efforts. I honestly think you reported it as you saw it.

However I do understand BBRS4's initial comment about dynos in general and I believe there are some things that should be taken into consideration when reporting dyno results. I just don't understand why the post degenerated in such a way. Perhaps both of you should cool it on the personal attacks.

Like I said in the past, no dyno is perfect, well almost, and there are many variables that can change the numbers you get from one type of dyno. You can get a set of number from Dynojet X and use another Dynojet, lets say Dynojet Y and get another set of numbers. On the same dyno, Dynojet X, with different operators you could/can get different numbers and this does not even address the different numbers you will get between different types of dynos. It would all depend on how they would have set up the dyno. The gear in which the pull is done will give you a different set of numbers. I'm sure you know all these things but a lot of people don't and could, or better yet would believe info provided to them by a tuner because he as a set of dyno numbers proving that his mods (that he sells) were proven to increase Hp or torque on a dyno. What they might not know is that these numbers were not from an independent source or under which conditions they were performed. I don't claim to know everything about dynos and I'm sure there are a lot of people here on this board that know more than I on this subject but another thing is that when Audi says the S4 as 340 Hp, this figure was retrieved on a MAHA dyno under "ideal conditions" (like I said about a week ago) and I would bet my left nut (ouch) that no one here in North America (small shop)as the proper set up like Audi ($$$$) to test their cars under these "ideal conditions".

No, really the only way to get a proper/independent set of numbers would be to have a professional shop with lots of experience running their dyno and one that is not affiliated with any tuner do all the testing on one or several cars, lets say a B6 S4 for arguments sake. The first thing would be to have the one or several cars involved in the test do a completely stock baseline run. Then all the cars could be modified and re-dynoed under the same conditions, within a reasonable time frame, within a couple of hours, so as to keep all the parameters a close as possible (weather conditions come to mind). I don't care what dyno would be used, Dynojet, Mustang, MAHA or Dynapack, although I do have some preferences, the results would be the most consistent for that day for that or those cars. The gains or loses compared to the stock baseline would be at least as consistent as could be. Would a 20 Hp gain and a 15 ft/lbs or torque be the actual real and exact gain, maybe not depending on the dyno used that day but at least for the comparison exercise to see what brand X chip did vs. brand Y chip or exhaust X did vs. exhaust Y did on that day it would be fairly accurate.

I believe this is what BBRS4 meant in his post but he came across as a little too (???) for most.

Again just my $0.02.

BTW, Sia, as long as you are happy with your mods, regardless of what you paid, that's all that counts, but remember, that also holds true for BBRS4 and his mods, regardless what he paid.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I believe I did my best and anyone else's on here so far.

Eric and I wanted to share our results, with little confusion.

BBRS4 came on immediately saying the results were bogus because I was using a roller dyno. This is bull$hit to you, me, JD and anyone else who dyno's there car.

I believe he has ties to AMD as well, that is why he is so upset. This bothers me.

I had no personal attacks until he created another thread and there I called him a clown. That's a lot less than what he was doing in every post of his throughout the night.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:03 PM

Post - the more info the better
Old 01-09-2005, 12:20 PM
hly
AudiWorld Senior Member

POST of course!
Old 01-09-2005, 12:33 PM

Stupid question.. POST( Eventhought you told me everything on the phone LOL)
Old 01-09-2005, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Told David about you possibly coming down. He said the 20% discount is extended by Revo. So you're

good to go.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:55 PM

Post it! It's the delta change under the curve, that's what I am interested in.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: OT: Driveway looks like R.S.M.

Nah, i used to live in Rancho La Quinta in La Quinta, now i moved out to Indian wells.

Quick Reply: Poll: My post on my experience with my newly Revo flashed car vs BBRS4's take