S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Removal of the OEM seat and the installation of the Sparco race seat.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There might be some other components that are lighter as well, the MTM exhaust and the front brakes.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You should be able to use a resistor...I had one when I had my Milano seat. and no probs..
Old 05-24-2004, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

A seat is NOT unsprung weight - brakes, wheels, etc. are
Old 05-24-2004, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't give all my secrets away. Yes, I'm waiting for a special resistor. Need to be 1/4 watt and....

2 Ohms but as to be of a precision type, within
1% for the air bag system. I have two problems with this resistor. My Audi tech says Two (2) Ohms but when we put it on an electronic measuring equipment it reads close to three(3) Ohms, so I don't really know which one to get now. Also it as to be within 1% because according to the bar code on th eresistor that's what it calls for. I went to many supply stores around our city and none carry a precision typr resistor and would have to order in QUANTITY to be able to get one. So I am sort of stuck at this point. If anyone can help me on this I would really appreciate it. If anyone here is in the electronic field, I could provide you the bar codes from the resistor my Audi tech as for testing the air bag system.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I got my one at Fry's electronics...and had no codes after that...

I forget the resistance of it, I could probably dig it up for you in a week when I can get back to my garage...Is the airbag system any different to the B5 ?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm actually suprised you can't get something like this from the dealer, since

they have the ability to disable the rear seat airbags if you sign a waiver and ask them to. I would imagine they unplug then and put a similar type resistor in-place of the airbag on the connector.

If that's how they disable the rear airbags you would think that same part could be used for your seats???
Old 05-24-2004, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK thanks. Is Fry's electronics a store chain? I live in Canada and I never heard of them...

I would appreciate if you did get the info on the resistor/resistance, I'm in no rush. I don't know the differences between the B5s and B6s when it comes to air bag systems but since the B6 as more controll modules and computers I don't want to take a chance on one of those going off at the wrong time. I will ask my dealer to see if there are differences.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Disabling a system or a particular air bag is most likely easily done with the proper Vag codes...

But the problem arises when you remove a component from the system as in the plug from the driver's seat. Now the electric connection is broken. You need to fool the system into thinking the seat's air bag is still in the loop.
My friend did "lend" me the test plug equipped with the resistor/resistance to try to find it but he/they, read Audi wants it back. The problem is I can't find one like it. Maybe I should just play dumb and say I lost it.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, Fry's is a chain store. They are not huge like Best Buy, but they are a chain
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Removal of the OEM seat and the installation of the Sparco race seat.