S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

repost for aw b6 s4: why i'm really pissed at achtuning.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repost for aw b6 s4: why i'm really pissed at achtuning.

Ok guys remember Waterfest it was like 3 monthes ago. Well I decided I wanted DTM RS4 Reps and who else to go to that then either Hartmann Wheels or someone who works with them Achtuning. I head over to the booth and order my wheels, awesome. Heck i even get a free shirt and shipping. No everything goes as planned and I recieve my wheels, although upon further inspection I'm missing the centercaps that I was told are included for free. I look at the invoice and it states that it was included.

Sooo, I email them to see whats up with that. They dont respond, I email them again a few days later. They answer and say sorry my email was put in junk mail accidentally, ok cool reasonable mistake. As for my centercaps, the guy who does shipping is also the guy who custom fabricates these centercaps to fit on the DTM reps was out and they weren't able to get them to me. Ok, reasonable again not gonna expect them to do something the literately can't, even though they prob should have notified me about that, and they say they'll send a set out to me.

3 weeks later and I still have no centercaps. I give them a call and this lady answers and i explain my situation. She assures me that a set will be sent to me and even asks if all my info is still the same.

Ok, so i figure I'M DEF GETTING THEM THIS TIME. Its been 2 weeks, WTF ACHTUNING! This is the first and only purchase i have made and it being $1000+ purchase maybe i might want to spend an equal amount later on. i would have thought that something as simple as sending centercaps is so freaking hard.

I'm most certainly not a ball buster i think 3 months almost to date of the order is MORE then reasonable enough to be able to complete the order you screwed up. Yes i realize these are only centercaps but please tell me y i should spend 40 a piece on centercaps i was told was part of my order. I have saved all the documents and emails that i have sent as well as the ones i have recieved, i'm not just talking out of my @$$.

Just thought it'd be nice to let people know about this and hopefully they will be a lil more caution of any future purchases.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Have you talked to Josh?

Josh is the owner and a very cool guy. Let him know whats going on and he will take care of you. A friend of mine ordered a set of stoptechs at waterfest with achtuning and they ran into a little problem. Josh keep in contact with him and constantly let him know what was going on. I can understand your frustration but, try calling Josh and talking to him. Good luck and post some pics when you put the wheels on.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

i will definitely call almost everyday from now on. but i want others to see this.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Yeah, my experience was similar

I bought the same wheels and it took three weeks to get them and I only live three hours from their shop. I should have driven up to get them but I got free shipping too. They did tell me that the guy who custom makes the centercaps was having a hard time keeping up with demand and that the centercaps may be shipped at a later date. After waiting about 10 days, I started to wonder what the? I called once, no reply. I called the next day, no one called me back. I E-mail a couple times. Finally, I was contacted via E-mail and after that they got here in a little over a week. The delivered product is awesome and I am very happy with the quality, but if Josh's company is that busy then he probably needs to hire more people or just have his guys state," It will probably be at least three weeks until you get your product but man will it be worth the wait." Thanks for a great product Josh. I would still buy from you again but most people expect better service. I bet you knew that because you do too.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Skyler seems like a cool dude too.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i had similar prob with Achtuning

Josh sold me 18" RS4's last year w/ OEM center caps. Two weeks later no rims. Called them back, "we are shipping them out today" received them two weeks later w/ no center caps. Called back, "we are shipping them out today" two weeks later I got them. When I decided to upgrade to 19's this year, I went w/ Hartmann, got everything in one week!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

this isnt the first time I've heard that about Achtuning's customer service
Old 10-11-2005, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I couldn't even get a call returned when I wanted to

purchase a wheel and tire package so I went with
Hartmann. Great price, including center caps,
and a shirt, delivered on time. Why should you
have to call Josh? His company. His responsibility for poor service. He should be calling you.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I'm working on 3 weeks and still no rims in sight.....

I ordered RS6 rims 3 weeks ago which were "in stock". I've emailed and called them and everytime I get a new eta but still no rims. Definitely some of the worst customer service I've had. In comparison I got my vagparts order from the UK in 3 days! Only good thing about it I got free center caps and shipping as of right now. I guess in another week we'll be working on a free rim!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

lol, dont hold your breath for those centercaps.

Quick Reply: repost for aw b6 s4: why i'm really pissed at achtuning.