S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Revised delivery date :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Revised delivery date :(

Phil I hear you...mine got ordered around the same time..early July. I ordered mine with Brilliant Red and aluminum and its supposed to be built this week and then delivered next month...we'll see...I am not holding my breath.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: They claim the delay is due to the custom color...

I think they could do something for you. If they don't, though, cancel your order, demand your deposit back, go to another dealer, order the same car and you will probably have it sooner than the one you have on order now. It's weird how car orders work. One can will take 8 months to get a car while another dealer with take 2 months to get the exact same car....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When you ordered, when did they tell you to expect your car?

I was told around 6-8 weeks! Now we're approaching 5 months. I think that's unacceptable and plan to ask the dealer to sweeten the deal for my time. One reason I ordered the S4 was that I thought I'd get it before the S5's hit. Now, they're arriving. I still want the S4 for a number of reasons, but I'm pissed. Yeah, I really do want the car. S4Slug, you shouldn't have to wait that long for a stock color combo - what do you think is going on here? Did you ever consider the S5 as an alternative??
Old 10-17-2007, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

have them throw in sirius
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Are the dealers giving you guys printouts showing the order in the Audi system?

It's what reassured me that all was ok on my order.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sirius is included with Convenience Package...

I met with the salesman this AM - he offered all season mats. Told him I wasn't interested, so he took off $100 from the purchase price - not much, but a reasonable gesture. So I'm getting the car at $650 over invoice with a 'generous' $4K for my 75K mile '99 Jetta on a trade in. I think it's a fair deal. Considering that if I scrapped the S4 and ordered an S5, I would get it at MSRP, not a penny less.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I saw the screen print at the dealer today - ETA is 11/19.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

That should put production in the next couple of weeks or so. Excellent.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: When you ordered, when did they tell you to expect your car?

Its being ordered through a broker friend of mine and they are going through a dealership in southern Cal. So orginally I was told late august. I was in the same boat, I didn't want to wait for an S5 and now the S5s are on the lots. Its red, with aluminum and DTM- and its the only one in production. So with all that I can still walk away. I plan on demanding a deal when it comes in or I walk and find an S5. I'm pissed but what can you do?

I am not sure what the delay has been about...I am in sales and I tell customers all kinds of crap about delays...so the excuses don't hold much water with me.

The final price will be the deciding factor and maybe an S5 test drive.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some thoughts ...

I saw a new S5 at Holberts outside Philly yesterday while the C4S was in for service. Honestly, I think it's a beautiful car, very slick, but I really still like the look and size of the S4, including the interior. The car's smaller, which I like. I may sound like I'm rationalizing, but the argument against the S5 - dealers won't discount it a nickel - you pay MSRP, period. Second, the wait is long - I was told if I ordered today, I could expect the car no sooner than March or April. So I'm getting my S4 at $650 over invoice with a great trade in on my '99 VW. So, the S4, which lists at around $56K (in custom color) will cost substantially less than a fully equipped S5. Yeah, I know the car will depreciate, but it's gonna be my everyday commuter, so I plan to keep it. As a work car, it's really more practical for me than the S5 coupe. So I'm happy with my choice, and won't look back. But, I was afraid to test drive the S5 - for fear that I'd fall in love with it!

Quick Reply: Revised delivery date :(