S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

RS4 Not Delayed According to Audi USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Not Delayed According to Audi USA

Ok so I called Audi USA this morning first thing. Maria looked into our delay issue and said the people there said it's not true. She did explain that 200 units were being sent over May-June and that these were not on order cars but cars that only a few dealers would receive first. She did say that people who had ordered cars would get the option of taking one of these cars first if they wanted. Depending on who got on the wait list first. I asked if this would delay ordered cars and she assured me no. So she offered to call my dealer and have a little meeting to see if there is something he knows that she doesn't. So I wait to hear from her but of course I'm calling him myself in an hour.. UGhh the stress...

Does anyone have undisputable evidence about this delay?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think the confusion stems from....

the fact that people assumed that when they put a deposit down on an RS4 and they were high on the list, that their car would come in the first run of cars. What they (or their dealers) didn't know, or, it was unclear on the part of one or both parties, is that the first run of 200 RS4s would be built according to S4 colour vs. sales distribution, and sent to dealers as such.

In short, the ordering system has exactly ZERO influence on the first 200 RS4s making their way to North America in May/June. Audi is building them with the premium package and in colours that coincide with high S4 take rates.

Most manufacturers are moving to this type of system for model launches. Witness any Porsche launch: a quick check of dealer inventories will show that a recently launched Porsche model is brough to market in one or two configurations. It keeps things easy for Porsche (to ramp up production quickly,) and for the dealers (as customers won't be asking them to trade with another dealer to get XXX option, as all the cars are the same.) You take the car they have, or you place your order and wait.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default So the customers getting launch vehicles should not be delayed?

that would be very nice!!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is exactly what BMW did with the launch of the E46 M3 back

in 2000/2001.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

ALL us deliveries are delayed.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:52 AM

Default RXBG where are you getting this info?...it's wrong

I spoke with my dealer and Corporate and there is no "delay" at this point. Deliveries are set for May/June and will continue for 4 months. Heck I can just as easily tell you I'm picking up my Sprint Blue RS4 tomorrow. Jealous? :P
Old 03-31-2006, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Possibly.....

I'm basing my opinion on what Wavehogger is saying, along with this post from some time ago by George@Fourtitude

"I did a quick check with Audi and here's what I know on the RS 4 and its US launch. The initial run of 250 cars will be all premium package cars (i.e. with sunroof and nav amongst other things) and in a mix of colors based on S4 install rates, silver being subtituted for Avus Silver.

After that 2500 comes through (basically June production), then special order colors can begin, though dealers may not be aware of this. June production cars will still have Premium package only, but at that time sunroof delete **may** be available... still being considered. I'm told White can be ordered at that time, then 2007 cars would be full on ordering (Premium Package only rules being lifted basically revolving around a new head unit design for non Navigation cars and its availability at that time)."

Based on this, it sounds like exactly what I said earlier, the initial cars will be at Audi's discretion, if this happens to match up with what you want, you can buy it, if not, you'll be waiting, which is why some people have seen their ETA slip from May/June to August, because the colour combo they want isn't coming in the initial launch.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Former Vendor

Default I have a printout in my hand from dealer...

from the Access Audi system that shows Dealer Delivered Date of 8/14/06 and same car showed May dealer delivery just days ago on same screen/report. This was a launch car, Phantom Black. -Pete
Old 03-31-2006, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor

Default According to dealer, the May/June 200 are now August cars...

I believe it's that simple unless there is another flip-flop coming soon. -Pete
Old 03-31-2006, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

What colour interior?

Quick Reply: RS4 Not Delayed According to Audi USA