S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

S4 cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 cab

I have been reading these forums a lot in the past few months because I am strongly considering purchasing an S4 Cab in the 2005 MY (I desperately hope that Audi adds a more legitimate nav system).

Anyway, in reading the fourtitude.com interview with the s4 cab product planners, I got the impression that the entire car was made almost as an afterthought and it almost seems to suggest that a more "real" S4 cab (one not based entirely on the A4, i.e. with recaros, exterior design differences) may be in the works right now... Does anyone else get this impression?

It makes me wonder if I should wait perhaps another year? (I know everyone always says not to wait). I'll be outraged if Audi doesn't get their act together and add legit Navi. to the 2005 S4, my audi dealer said he thought it was being added for 2005, but you guys all seem to suggest otherwise.

Anyway, this was my first post and 20 times as long as most posts I read on here. Sorry bout that. I'd love to hear what anyone thinks.<ul><li><a href="http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_308.shtml">Fourtitude interview</a></li></ul>
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't think it's going to be replaced anytime soon.....

The article just details the changes in the cab and why they were made. As for the future, I think we may see a luxury coupe based on the Nuvolari concept, but that won't be for a while- maybe MY '07. Perhaps there will be a convertible based on that, and then maybe S versions in '09. This is strictly conjecture.
If you want the S4 cab, buy it- I doubt that there will be any major changes for such a low production vehicle in the near future.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think any revisions in the S4 cab will have to wait until the B7...

Like they said, they wanted to get the B6 S4 Cab out ASAP and not wait until the end of life of the B6 model line. It costs a car company an inumerate amount of money to make any production changes in a car already in production.

Navi+ could be an option in the future, but it doesn't seem to be coming in '05. You can just get the current version and install it in your car.

As for the Recaros and A4-like aerodynamics, I wish they would've spent the extra time to do that, but 2 years is an eternity. So they had to run with what they had. Maybe they should've kept the prices on the Cab a little lower than 60k... 55-57K possibly.

But I'm sure their bean-counters figured that out, so what do I know =).

Bottom line is the V8 is well worth the money. It's easily one of the best engines in a car of this size.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:56 AM

Default They way I looked at it

This may seem a bit frivolous but you only live once. I figuered if they substantially changed the car or brought in the RS4 in the future and I found myself pining for it, I'd just trade up. Bottom line is the S4 and S4 Cab is an incredble car. I am very happy to have my Cab now, especially now that the weather is turning. It was also nice to hear that the MY 05 will have no real changes (beside rear tail lights which I'm sure could be purchased). On the NAV front. I have NAV. Does it have a big screen like a boat GPS unit, no. But..it is very easy to reference and see between the guages and it does a fine job getting you where you need to go. In fact, I think the placement of the NAV+ unit, where the stereo is now, would be difficult to reference especially at highway speed. Just my $0.02.