S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Stock stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock stereo system

I have been reading the threads about the Bose system being so go.What is wrong with the stock system?For $55k I would expect a good system.My high end stereo dealer, Magnolia Hi Fi told me to stay away from all Bose because they are crap & are living on their name & a great advertising campaign.I would also like to here from stock b6s4 owners.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you already check out the thread a little ways down the page?

A lot of discussion there. From what I've read, people actually seem to be really liking the stock Bose system in this car. In the past, stock Bose systems have (imo) "overprocessed" the sound and took the natural feel of the music away and just made everything sound too synthetic. In my opinion, of course. But I've been reading a lot of positive things about the Bose in the B6 S4. Which MagHiFi (or whatever they call themselves now) are you dealing with? I'm good friends with 2 of the mobile audio sales guys and one of the installers down at Roosevelt, so I may be able to set you up with them if you'd like. I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your current salesguy, but bear in mind they make their living on commission, so of course they are going to tell you the Bose is crap. The nice thing about being friends with some of the guys is I don't have to listen to the standard sales-line BS when asking questions. Be happy to help out if you'd like...
Old 11-22-2003, 03:12 AM

Default I listened to the Bose and stock back to back and thought the Bose was worth it.

However, this is highly personal and you should listen yourself.

Alan
Old 11-22-2003, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Now that the Bose is unbundled from Infotainment pkg it's a no brainer...get it.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default When you say Roosevelt...

are you talking about Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City, NY or Roosevelt, NY near Hempstead, NY?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Did you already check out the thread a little ways down the page?

Tacoma store.It was from the car installers themselfs & a personal friend of mine who has sold stereo equipment for over 35 yrs.Personally Iam 57,bad hearing & I dont listen to Boom Boom Mother F----r music.Also my car is in production & to late to change.John
Old 11-22-2003, 06:29 AM

Default Re: stock versus Bose

I bought my S4 from a dealership that had ordered it for someone and then when it showed up at the dealership the guy couldn't afford it. I did not have a choice of systems and the car has the stock stereo. It is pretty easy to tap the stereo to the max volume and still want more. If I had the choice I wouold go with the upgrade. Does anyone know if I can replace the amplifier with a stronger aftermarket one, or would that involve replacing the speakers to? Is there a way to tell the maximum load on the stock S4 speakers?
Old 11-22-2003, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

North Seattle area... other coast
Old 11-22-2003, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You mean Innovative? Definitive does home audio.

And Mag isn't bad for car stereo. Innovative is great but their brand selection is very limited and their install labor rates are outrageous. Mag is the best around for 90% of the needs of people looking to do car stereo. The other 10% I would say either go to Best Buy for a new tape deck in their pickup truck (8%) and then there are the few who really really need the show quality work done at Innovative. I've spent thousands on my car stereo at Mag, both in actual merchandise and in installation, and I've always been taken care of very well there. The last time I went into Innovative, I was looking to spend $3k+ on the Alpine F1 Status deck, cash in hand, and those fckers snooted me right out of the store. So I can't say I'm real impressed by that, no matter how good their install work is.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In that case, yeah, go to Definitive. That's who did our theater and it's great.

Quick Reply: Stock stereo system