S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Supposed to be a new service bulletin for disabling AudioPilot (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll ask and let you know what I find out.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:57 AM

Default I asked this morning....no luck.

They seem to have secrets at my dealership. The shop guys are the ones that get the service bulletins, but they don't tell the service advisors what they are. I guess they're worried about the advisors selling the TSB's on customers and they don't get paid if they do a TSB on a car that doesn't really have the problem. At least that's what I was told.

So, unfortunately, I don't have a reference number for you. :-(

I'm getting the work done today to turn off the AudioPilot and turn on the SVC (speed volume control). But, I'm going on vacation so I won't get to really test it for a while.

Oh, but I did hear a rumor (from the advisor) that the new amps to fix the wildly erratic volume problem won't be in for 3-4 months. This is a different fix then turning off AudioPilot. It's a fix for that problem where (usually on hotter days), the volume would continuously go up and down (caused by a diagnostic app that interpretted some mic signals as bad).

I'm not sure what to do if you're dealer doesn't know about turning off the AudioPilot and you're having a problem (that you don't want to wait for the fixed amps for). Maybe you can try pushing up the chain in command until you get someone who will make the right calls for you. Or if you can't get an answer that way, maybe drop an email to Bose's automotive customer support and ask if they have a reference for you to give your dealer.

Good luck.

KB
Old 07-30-2004, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks KB - just got the car, so I'll do some experimenting...

if it's really bothersome, I'll see if I can't get the AudioPilot disabled as well - I'm assuming the amp will be the definitive fix.

Phil
Old 07-30-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Got my car. AudioPilot is off. They couldn't figure out the SVC part.

I've only gotten to drive it a short distance. My first impression is that the bass seems louder for the radio (less so for the CD's I was listening to). All my tone settings were on zero at the time.

But the temperature was right for the erratic volume problem and I didn't experience that so I think the AudioPilot is off. :-)

They couldn't figure out how to turn the SVC back on. The menu item doesn't show up. They would hold preset #2 while turning on the radio, and it says SVC Off. But they just can't figure out how to get it to say On. I have to take my car back in after vacation for the intake manifold TSB fix, so they're going to try to figure it out by then.

FYI (in case it hasn't been said before), pressing and holding presets #1-4 while turning on the radio gives other information. #1 seems to be some radio transmission codes. #2 tells you if SVC is on or off. #3 gives some serial number and/or version number looking information. #4 tells you whether or not a CD changer is installed.

KB