S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Took car in for engine whine TSB today and I'm pissed!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Took car in for engine whine TSB today and I'm pissed!!

I called 3 weeks ago and talked to service writer about the TSB. He found it on the computer along with parts needed to do the TSB. Service writer suggested 3 weeks to schedule to allow for parts to come in. Dropped car off last night with copy of TSB. Picked car up after sevice had left tonight. They didn't do the TSB! Note on service paperwork "parts need to be ordered". What the ****!! I also had them look at the felt inner fender well that was coming loose. I guess I would have to take it back again anyway to get that repaired. But I figure that they either didn't order the parts or they were behind schedule and didn't want to start it so that they could work on another car. The service manager will be getting a call from me tomorrow!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, you have to repeat yourself if you want it done.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Banned

Default Every FVCKING time. I had asked service writer how to avoid that!

Audi NEVER has the part. Can't wait until they call me to see if I was satisfied with the service
Old 12-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Banned

Only good thing was they washed the car. It got cold here in PA!
Old 12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yup, that's the story of my life... everything has to be put in writing, otherwise they will

"conveniently forget" to do it. Sometimes, even if it is in writing, they forget. Luckily, I've since found a better SA at another dealership.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You know what?

You may want to consider giving them a really good service report, and maybe from now on they'll pay more attention to your needs.

That's how my awesome relationship with the service writer started. He got a bonus because I gave him perfect scores and he remembered me from then on. Now I go in and he takes care of me right then and there.

I know you're really pissed, as I'd be as well...but seriously, try this out, and make sure you call the writer and tell him you gave him a perfect score for everything so he takes care of you next time.

Now if he's a complete moron, ignore this post.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Did you go to Knopf or other dealer?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:40 PM

is this TSB for both tip and 6-speed?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:41 PM

Default I had to wait a good while for the part as well.

Another thing that can happen is your parts can actually be at your dealer, but your service writer doesn't know it yet. I had this exact thing happen with my serp tsb. The parts where there for over a week and a half. In reality though, my service writer had no control over it. The parts shop didn't notify him, they just notified me via post card. Unfortunately for me my old address came up in the database somehow (I have changed this over 3 times) and my post card once again went to the wrong address. I have just come to accept the fact that you have to micro manage the whole process if you want quality results.

another scenerio is when you need a special audi tool to repair something in your car that the dealer doesn't have yet because your car is a new model. you can tell the dealer they are going to need the tool, but they won't order it until the day they actually need to use it. This often adds a three week delay to your repair process. Oooh, the B5 memories....
Old 12-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Banned

YES

Quick Reply: Took car in for engine whine TSB today and I'm pissed!!