S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

The ugly tale of my toasted clutch (long - get a beverage)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone knows any Boston-based pit bull lawyers, I'm game.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Valet parking is the worst thing ever. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

infuriating, but probably not a lot you can do to be honest..
Old 11-20-2008, 06:34 AM

Default now I know, funny thing is...

an old friend of mine used to valet in college, and the guy is one of the best drivers I know...

guess he was more the exception than the rule.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Find a lawyer and pay for an hour or two of his or her time

Usually your local Bar Association can provide a referral to a qualified attorney.

And other than this, don't rely on any advice you get here.<ul><li><a href="http://www.bostonbar.org/lrs/index.htm">BBA Referral Service</a></li></ul>
Old 11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Valets or girlfriend(s)...neither ever drives any of my cars...

Its a Manrule, I don't know the number.

Manrule xx: Neither girlfriend or valet shall drive any of your vehicles, be they standard or automatic transmission unbles in very dire emergency.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I'd sue the insurance company too for fraud, and report them.....

to your states insurance commisioner siting potential fraud. I am sure they would love to hear how they guys just determined that by looking at the car. This is work that is to be done by a trained automotive technician not and idiot insurance adjuster. Did they put it up on lift? Did they talk to the audi mechanics? Probably not.

You get the insurance commissioners office calling them belive me they'll start to listen.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 AM

thx
Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Absolutely. As a student of law myself, I submit you might have some legal redress here ..

The previous posting is absolutely correct: contact an attorney and pick his/her brain for an hour----one that specializes in fraud or retail/commercial law. An hour of an attorney's time--even at $100 an hour--is a worthwhile investment to find out if you actually have legal recourse in this matter; you have little to lose by ASKING.

Tell ya what: if the attorney deems you DO have a legitimate case, I'd be going for the lawyer's fees, too--not just the cost of the repairs, rental car while your baby is down, etc etc

Time to get smart: before you waste your own 100 bones and an attorney's time, you need to get busy:

photos of the facility, sworn statements or affidavits from the dealership attesting to said damages, an opinion of how the damage was incurred, get statements from other esytablished/known mechanics that this could not have occurred through normal driving circumstances, copies of the estimated repair bills and rental car costs, etc. Stuff you can SHOW the attorney.

1/2 the time just a visit from the attorney to the place, basically warning them of impending legal action if they don't step up and make it right, is enough to get some businesses to back down and capitulate/agree to a settlement. Many of them would simply rather bone up the bucks to settle than go to court and potentially lose significantly more money, time away from the business, bad rap in the community, etc etc

Knowledge is power, meine freund!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(1) Never valet; (2) Lawyer up

Quick Reply: The ugly tale of my toasted clutch (long - get a beverage)