S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Very sad day for me...heartbreaking really. No S4 for me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very sad day for me...heartbreaking really. No S4 for me...

I called up my sales rep today to let him know that I was giving up my allocation spot and that my order was now up for grabs to anyone who wanted it. I had him refund my deposit on the car because...now no flames please...I'm buying an Escalade EXT. The ONLY reason behind this decision is that I need it for business purposes now that I've started my own company and will be saving mucho $$$ on excise tax because I will be running a Farm plate on the back of it and because I need something big enough and classy enough to visit potentional clients and haul product samples in the bed of the EXT. I'm now in the stone and hardscape business and my family owns a garden nursery in which we're classified as a farm so I can use a farm plate on the EXT because it *does* technically have a truck bed in back where as the S4 there's no way I can wiggle my way around the MA registry laws. Anyways I need the room to take samples of cobblestones, granite, marble, pavers, etc and the EXT can do the job in style. I'm heartbroken about giving up the S4 because I will ALWAYS be sports car fan and Audi fan but at this time I have to go with what's a good business decision. I WILL have another Audi as soon as business takes off like I hope and pray it will but for now...aufwiedersehen mein freunden.

Oh yeah, there's now a 2004 nogaro/onyx-blue S4 available at Clair in MA...everything but navigation. Hope it goes to a good home. And if anyone ever needs garden center items, service, and stone material give a fellow Audi enthusiast a shout. Country Gardens of Easton www.eastongardens.com I'm still working on the website so bear with me.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:31 PM

keep your head up...if you're starting a buisness maybe u can buy one ina couple years w/ the $$ mak
Old 07-12-2003, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Re: Very sad day for me...heartbreaking really. No S4 for me...

I wish you luck with your business. Maybe you'll be able to get the RS6 next time around!
Old 07-13-2003, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You sure that's the "truck" you want?

Ugh, that thing is the most tarted up overpriced piece of poo on the road. Why can't you get away with just a top of the line full size GMC or Chevy pickup? Most of those can be had relatively well-optioned these days and they don't have a Cadillac badge on them, so they've got that going for them too. Plus they'll be cheaper than that EXT thing. Do you really think the clients will care THAT much about what you drive, given the industry you're in? My perception of the EXT is that it's a car that just represents totally unnecessary excess, whereas a person who pulled up in a nice, new GMC or Chevy pickup would just say to me that you are a professional who's business is doing well and therefore drive a nice truck.

For me,

EXT = showing off money for the sake of image (Look everyone, it's a Cadillac TRUCK!)

Nice, new pickup = Professional with a functional sensible vehicle.

I mean I guess I'm assuming that your clientele won't be individuals from L.A. wearing basketball jerseys and sideways visors who use words like "bling" and "shizzle" every third word. Or producers from MTV videos.

Ack. I just really hate that EXT thing. It just seems like such a status symbol vehicle, especially when there are so many offerings from GMC and Chevy these days that will get the job done just as well if not better and be nearly as comfortable to occupy. And look a WHOLE lot less cheesy in the process.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if two contractors pulled up, one in the EXT and one in a brand new Chevy or GMC, I'd immediately assume that the guy in the non-EXT vehicle knew his business better than the guy in the EXT. The EXT doesn't sound like a professional choice to me, it sounds like a vain one.

Just my opinion, tho. Do what you like. But I really hate those EXTs. :P
Old 07-13-2003, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default It will be my only vehicle so I want something that I will enjoy at a pesonal level too...

I understand your thinking about a new GMC, Ford, or Dodge truck but I wasn't going to buy the EXT brand new. I plan on picking up a 2003 with like 10k miles on it somewhere in the high 30's low 40's range and at that point it's the same price as a brand new fully loaded GMC or Ford truck.

So if you were me and could only have one vehicle for both business and personal use(like going out into town for dinner with the wife/girlfriend) and prices relatively the same, which would choose? For me it was a no-brainer. The quality of materials between the EXT and a fully loaded GMC or Dodge is quite noticable. Don't get me wrong, those trucks are great. I checked them out and liked them a lot but knowing it's going to be my personal ride too the EXT comes out on top in the "emotional" department.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Re: It will be my only vehicle so I want something that I will enjoy at a pesonal level too...

Yup. I agree with your sentiments...

I find the ext to appear more "professional" just because it's a Caddy; for the same reasons why people buy bimmers or benzes.

It'll serve your purposes well. Enjoy it.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Very sad day for me...heartbreaking really. No S4 for me...

That's a cop out. Just get the S4, saw the back half of roof off, remove the back seat and pull of the trunk lid. Presto!... instant S4 ATV pickup truck. Resale might pose a problem but, hey, that's life.

Good luck with the Escapade or whatever it is
Old 07-13-2003, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

If you are going down that road, you best have some Davin 24" spinners on the 'lade,
Old 07-13-2003, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Well, then you need this...

Check out the latest Car&Driver. They have a twin turbo EXT, 700 hp, 0-60 in 4.0, 1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Ya, and $124, $126 as tested

Quick Reply: Very sad day for me...heartbreaking really. No S4 for me...