S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Viper rollover at speed (Graphic)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know Darius Rudis... :)

and if you look in his directory for the july 24-25, 2004 GingerMan SVTOA you may recognize someone in pic 3421 (not me). :P (all pics are by darius himself as well.)
Old 01-01-2005, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Got a different comment on this incident's location...

"That was from the torquenstein Viper from the 2004 Gumball on the way back out of Africa," according to a forum poster on focaljet.com. Don't know what the outcome was for the driver and passenger.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's cool!

Would that be Michael? Lots of little Foci at that event. Is that little ATV/golf cart thing yours?
Old 01-01-2005, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

2nd. On my site they said gumball as well.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Here's some discussion and video from a member of mine who's tracked the same course in a Z06

<ul><li><a href="http://www.tripleplate.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=224255&amp;postcount=4">http://www.tripleplate.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=224255&amp;postcount=4</a</li></ul>
Old 01-01-2005, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sh*t. Maybe I'm wrong. The C&amp;D event used to be called "Cannonball"--maybe I confused the two.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

May be old footage but no less spectacular! Always wanted to see airbags deploy just not personally!
Old 01-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Elder Member

Default yes indeed. :)

that's mike's golf cart. we just added a small atv for me after the PIR event. woohoo, was awesome blasting up the hills at Infineon! :P and his golf cart has a speed limiter so i get to win all races. ;-)

we're thinking of flying out to PIR for the Feb event (sans trailer obviously, but using our 3 laptops for the Rose Cup room). Think there would be good repeat business?

We've been awarded the Nat'l Audi Club photographers gig for the 2005 year, so we're trying to cover as many Audi events as possible.

Did the poster turn out nice? Did you get the photo in the SVT mag yet?
Old 01-01-2005, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmm. Repeat business? That's hard to say.

What might be interesting is to have a digital product that captures all the participating cars (like the best shots) and maybe shots from around the event of drivers, in the paddock, cornerworkers, etc. Like a high-quality scrapbook thing. Perhaps you could partner with ACNA to sell that for a "special price" through the website with some small percentage benefitting the local organization.

Maybe if there was a discount for repeat business you'd get some added interest.

Seems like an expensive trip for you guys unless you have a handle on expected revenue. I think there was a big novelty factor at Qfest for the CDs. Another thing to think about is whether there is an intro school planned for the event. I'd bet that with the school running, you'll get more interest as well, since those will involve folks new to HPDEs. Just a guess.

[I know you do have family out here, so the trip obviously would have a double objective.]

The poster looks really great and is at the framer now. Unfortunately, when I unfurled the thing a little dent formed as I rerolled it. Bleh. The framing shop in Seattle (Art Form) said there would be a shadow. Oh well.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:17 PM

Default I'd like to add a comment here - I think there are participants who would pony up again.

You have tapped a market opening with a digital product here. Unlike Chris Marshall who insists that the world only wants prints, most of us could care less about the print and want digital imagery. I for one, will gladly pony up for another CD.

My only request on the side is that I can obtain some shots that reflect the general scenery of the event. As I try to set up our chapter website's <a href="http://www.audiclubnw.org/Gallery/Quattrofest2004">gallery</a>, I still find that I don't have shots that capture the event's overall atmosphere as well as I would have liked to portray it.

Everyone has and has posted a bazillion shots of someone's car doing laps with some general interest stuff thrown in as well, but 20 or more shots of lapping cars makes for a pretty boring website gallery. I found the collections I had available lacking the ability to convey the overall participant experience when I cobbled together the gallery for our website.

I don't need high res shots - this is web gallery stuff I will optimize for web viewing assuming a 17" monitor at best

Quick Reply: Viper rollover at speed (Graphic)