S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

BE WARNED! do NOT buy a car from Audi of Fairfield

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BE WARNED! do NOT buy a car from Audi of Fairfield

For a dealer who praises their great customer satisfaction, I'm here to write about the exact opposite. Maybe Fairfield's satisfaction was great before they switched heads of sale, before they moved locations, but now it is horrendous. You may have read my previous post.

A purchased a ~$40k+ S4 a little over one year ago. The car is STILL under factory warranty, and certified pre-owned. The car was sold to me under false terms, that it had never been involved in accidents, suffered damage, or had previous body work done. But the paintwork is chipped due to shoddy previous repair that was never disclosed to me at the time of sale.

The 300+ CPO certification is bogus, at least in terms of detecting damage. It boils down to a Carfax report.

Audi of Fairfield will not fix the car's damage under CPO warranty because their was no history of body work in a Carfax report.

Audi of Fairfield will not fix the car under the perforation/corrosion warranty, because the damage results from previous body work.

They don't realize these are contradictory arguments.

When asked what they would do in my position, they said "pay to get the car fixed".

What great customer service. BEWARE. Go elsewhere for you Audi.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Thanks for the warning.

Don't put up with any dealer nonsense. Contact Audi of America. It's their responsibility to honor the terms of a CPO agreement.

Chief Marketing Officer - Scott Keogh
Chief Communications Officer - Jeff Kuhlman
Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you contacted AoA yet? I'm curious to see what they say about their own CPO warranty...

Maybe report them to the BBB. Most likely nothing will happen, but worth a shot.

As for the CarFax, I don't solely rely on it, things can happen that's not always reported. Heck, while searching for my S4 that I bought not too long ago, I saw at least two cars (Audi and MBZ) that had an accident history listed on the CarFax report, yet it was being sold as "CPO". I guess CPO is for mechanical repairs only, excludes body damage/paint. *shrugs*
Old 09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Elder Member

lawyer time
Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM

Default Thanks for posting...

I'm damn near on the other side of the country, however, I find dealer shenanigans very interesting.

I'll hope for the best here for you - I'm curious to hear what AoA is willing to do for you considering the CPO (not to mention the original factory warranty) is a contract the dealership signed with you... I would think their hands would be tied to help you in this situation and I find it odd they're not owning up to it. Maybe they think you're "too dumb" to push the issue. Very insulting.

Please keep us up to date with any progress - (I'm gonna knock on a bit of wood so there isn't any lack thereof) - it would be appreciated.

Best of luck, mate!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow... take this up a level as other's said.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Buyer fault for not doing your own inspection and trusting a sales person

CPO does not mean it's 100% accident free FYI

It's very likely the dealer had no idea the car was previously repaired

You got burned, learn to not let it happen again and move on.<ul><li><a href="http://www.cars.com/go/advice/shopping/cpo/images/audi-inspection.pdf">http://www.cars.com/go/advice/shopping/cpo/images/audi-inspection.pdf</a</li></ul>
Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default CPO does not mean 100% accident free

There is no agreement to honor
Old 09-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I did contact AoA

They say they contacted the head of used car sales at Fairfield and he stands by his decision when he CPO'ed the car. Not sure what that means? Yup, me neither, but I was told to contact him if I had questions. (AoA wanted me to contact the same person that caused me to contact AoA). I must note they were very nice, just not helpful.

I understand CPO might not mean 100% accident free. However, they state when the car was certified, no damage was detected. This is wrong. Secondly, I was sold the car under the terms that it had never been involved in previous damage or had repairs done. I was sold the car under false pretense, regardless of whether Fairfield knew and didn't report, or simply didn't know. If they didn't know, that's negligence on their part. It they did know, that's fraud.

Regardless, it all spells horrible customer service. Maybe they'll wind up paying me, that would be nice. But I will be happy so long as Fairfield winds up paying for their poor service in the long run if I can dissuade one person from purchasing a car there. Fairfield is willing to lose a lifelong customer over what amounts to less than $2k. So be it.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Just curious- there's a line in 1.1 at "Audi Achtungs! (Stops)"

The header for that section says any aftermarket work would be a reason to deny CPO coverage, then lists chassis, body, and engine performance chip as examples.

Wouldn't body repair count as "aftermarket" work?

Quick Reply: BE WARNED! do NOT buy a car from Audi of Fairfield