S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Well so now the dealer isn't returning my phone calls....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well so now the dealer isn't returning my phone calls....

or calling back when they say they are going to call back after the talk to the tech etc... I am thinking I might have to go down there, or send my lawyer by to remind them it still is my car, or I could just send them a letter by courier. I just don't get it, I called on Friday wanting to know the game plan, no returned car, call Monday, no returned call. Finally talk to the SA today who says he will call be back by the end of the day after he talks to the tech..... but nothing. If I treated my clients like this I would be out of a job. I understand they are probably as frustrated with this car as I am, but still.... thats not an excuse for this. Any thoughts on what I should do.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Personally, I would have gotten cozy with my lawyer a long time ago...(read on)

I admire your patiencee and Audi of America needs to make ammends. But to answer your question, I can see no harm in you stopping by the dealership. It's much harder to impossible for them to avoid you when you're in their face (so to speak). If you're not satisfied by the answers you get or what you see, then a call to your lawyer is the most prudent action.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just seem to waste a lot of time babysitting them....

which isnt my job. I have a lawyer working on the whole issue already but this is all new.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

You won't hear any arguements from me. In this case, you're right no matter what anybody says.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:22 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Talk to the SA and tell him what you told us.

He's probably as frustrated as you are, and I suspect he's getting to the point where he feels this is a waste of his shop space and tech resources, and he may not get paid for a lot of this addt'l time your car spends in the shop. Tech probably isn't thrilled about it either, because if the dealer isn't getting paid, neither is he. To top it off, if they know you are already suing Audi and pushing for a buy back, then the dealer already knows this is a lost cause.

So, explain what you told us, and ask very sincerely..."What's going on here?". Leave an uncomfortable silence after that question...and that should make them answer. If you hear any of the frustration I mentioned above, politely explain that you understand, however, this behavior is not making the situation any better, and it's a problem for you. If it's really an inconvenience for them, make the suggestion for them to get on the phone with AoA and work out some kind of arrangement that will eliminate the inconveniences for them and you. AoA is the one that needs to hear their frustrations, not you.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Want me to drive down there?

btw cousin took care of translations and its working its way hopefully up the chain right now....
Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default nah I am thinking about taking a field trip....

thanks man, I really appreciate it
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are probably waiting for the Field Ops Manager to get back to them...
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So that makes not calling me back alright?

The SA didnt even say anything to that effect, if he had It would have been ok, instead he told me he didnt know what was going on with my car.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Wow! That was quick!

Quick Reply: Well so now the dealer isn't returning my phone calls....