S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

What happens when you have too much money, no brains and think all cars are equal

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not the cobra R, the sonic blue 03 cobra
Old 04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default if by "mean as hell", you mean loud as crap....yes, that was me :-P

i was in the blue group monday and went to red today....red was a much nicer pace...

sorry i didnt come by :-(
Old 04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Default He might only give the necessary details, i.e., he wrecked.

Believe it or not, some insurers don't ask many questions up front. However, for a claim that's going to be huge (like this one), it's not unreasonable to think that some enthusiastic claims agent will scour the web for a writeup or pics somewhere. A writeup can be denied, but pics of the plate? Are you in support of insurers denying track-related claims? If not, then why make their job easier? It's the guy's own business what he tells his insurer, but it's certainly not cool to post identifying pics on the web with an explanation of where and when the damage occured. Cut the guy some slack. He just broke a half million dollar work of art...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dude..you got a Carrera GT?

:-P
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm in support of insurers denying track-related claims. It's common sense.

You ever insure a race car? It is very expensive for a reason--the odds are higher that the vehicle will crash. If this guy wanted racing insurance he should have bought it (and maybe he did), but it would be irresponsible and dishonest to deceive a conventional insurance carrier into covering this claim.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It still doesn't make sense.

If he is asked how this happened, how should he respond? It seems to me that you advocate that he should lie about it, and that the pictures will expose the lie. There is nothing wrong with these pictures UNLESS he decides to lie about it. If the insurance company doesn't care, then fine. But if they do?

"A writeup can be denied?" Only if he wants to lie about the incident, which is illegal.

"Make their job easier?" Not sure what that means... their job is to ascertain the truth. They will find out, one way or another.

"Am I in favor of insurance companies denying track claims?" That depends. If the policy states that it is covered, then he has nothing to hide, and it shouldn't be denied. If his policy doesn't cover it, then I fully understand and support the insurance company if they want to deny the claim. The bottom line is that he has a policy that contains certain coverages, but not others.

Believe me, I hate insurance companies. They are a bunch of bottom-feeders (cf., the speed limit issue, their support of lower limits to increase surcharges, etc.). But I cannot defend someone who would falsify such a claim, nor do anything that would make it easier for him to do so. Yes, that's his own business... let him deal with it. Posting a pic of his wreck isn't depriving him of any legally protected right.

-JPC
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default this was a DE, not a race...

...big difference...

and DE insurance is pretty cheap...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I hope you are kidding
Old 04-26-2005, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks, dave...

Some of us choose more challenging vehicles to drive, and ALL of us make mistakes at one time or another. Do you really want somebody taking pictures of your car after you make a mistake and then posting about what an idiot you are on a public forum? I at least hope you got his permission before posting the pics...

Andrew
Old 04-27-2005, 12:50 AM

I hate your rock band. You guys suck!

Quick Reply: What happens when you have too much money, no brains and think all cars are equal