S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

What I get for being nice.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What I get for being nice.....

Was on my way to work. Stopped off at another office building to drop off a large package I wanted to mail. Its pouring rain, buckets at a time. I make the turn into our corporate road. At the end of the road is the train station. There are two people walking in the pouring rain. So like a good soul I stop and ask if they want a lift for the last 2000 feet or so to the office. (its pretty common to see folks doing this) Either way they get in, drop them off. I get out in the same place. I didn't notice it at first but one of them was rather large and dragged the seat belt out with them on exit. (front passenger door) They drag the seat belt out and then close the door on the seat belt. Mind you I have silver interior which means I also have silver seat belts. Didn't notice. Drop off the package for shipping, walk back to my car see the door slightly ajar. Go to fix it. They person I gave the ride to closed the door on the seatbelt. Seatbelt is now stained (with the oily type chemical used to lube the door latch) and is highly visible from my drivers seat, and to boot I have nice chip on the inside part of my b-pillar. Note to self never be nice again.

Anyone know how to clean something like this up? I have touch up paint for the other part, thankfully its on the inside part of the pilar and not very noticeable. I think the worst part is I know its there.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first attempt would be...

Sorry man.... that really sux, at least it wasn't intentional damage, you know.

I've never tried it on a seatbelt before... but my first attempt would be to spray it with some Shout, let it soak in real good, gently agitate with a soft brush. then use the upholstery wand on a carpet cleaner. Use just HOT water in the cleaner and continue to wet it down and then suck it back out. If that doesn't work you might have to move on to something stronger on grease... like 309. But , definitely start with the gentler Shout as the 309 might leave a discoloration behind.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ask on the Detailing forum.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I used to be nice that way too........Now we both know better.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

boric acid............................ on the guys face!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'd first try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser..

It has worked wonders for me.

After that, I'd try the Turtle Wax Oxy Interior1 cleaner. Fantastic stuff, that actually works great as well.

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe try Resolve?

It works well on carpets, so it might work on the seatbelt. Other options are like Spray Nine, or maybe even carpet shampoo
Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default it does suck doesn't it when ppl tell you "ahhhh relax its just a car and nothing more..."

while saying that they get in the car and slam the living $h*t out of the door. I have learend to tell EVERYONE that sits in my car for the first time EASY WITH THE DOOR.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I actually got into a HUGE argument with a friend of mine over this...

Every time he exited the car he would slam the door so hard (he used to have atruck at the time) that the window would rattle.

He argued that the car was designed to have the door slammed like this and it would hurt anything...needless to say he just about walked home after that argument.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I always say "It's an Audi, not a Ford, easy on the door Big Guy" :-)

Quick Reply: What I get for being nice.....