S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

What is my car doing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is my car doing?

just wondering if I can call to get a delivery date etc...I saw the audi distribution number, should i call them? The order was just placed on the 15th of September.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you have a commision number? Have you got a production week yet?
Old 09-29-2003, 03:08 PM

You need the Commission # Your dealer should get it to you
Old 09-29-2003, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mine was placed on september 9, is it normal that the car is still not in prod.?
Old 09-29-2003, 03:53 PM
jba
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What does that comission # tell you?

I have a comm #, but have not recieved a build date, should i have?

Thanks, -jba
Old 09-29-2003, 03:57 PM

Default Re: You need the Commission # Your dealer should get it to you

i have the commission #..if i call that number will they give me a status?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

did the dealer get an allocation?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No a commision number is issued when the order is placed into the system....

A commission number means jack until there is a matching allocation at the dealer who placed the order.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ordering an Audi - part luck, part voodoo (long)

As JDBlue said below, commission # means zip until your dealer gets an allocation that matches your order. Until then, the commission # means your order is in the "order bank." As AoA distribution told me a couple of months ago "the fact that your order is in the bank doesn't mean that your order will EVER be built."

Your order has to be "pulled for production" from the order bank before anything actually happens. That doesn't happen until your dealer gets an allocation from AoA that matches your desired order.

Your dealer could take orders from 10 people, and give all of them commission #'s. But if he gets only one allocation from Audi this month, only one gets built. Even if you're #1 on his list - maybe you ordered a sedan, but his only allocation is for an Avant. Your order still doesn't get built.

There are basically 4 different allocations: sedan stick/tip, and avant stick/tip. Your dealer has to have an allocation that matches your order, and then you have to be first in line at your dealer for that particular allocation.

Some dealers have only gotten a couple of allocations, total, so far. Other dealers have gotten many more, so it depends greatly on your dealer's relations with AoA. That in turn depends on sales history, etc.

EXAMPLE. I ordered a white, Tip Avant in May. As of August, dealer still had not received any allocation for any Avant. It takes 12-14 weeks from allocation to car arrival. I was told "maybe next month." A September allocation would mean the car would probably arrive at dealer in December. And there was no guarantee of a September allocation. In fact, there's no guarantee my dealer will EVER get an allocation for an Avant tip.

I threw up my hands in disgust, and bought a different car (manual, dolphin) from a dealer who had the car on the showroom floor.

I tried to order a pearl white B5 S4 from the same dealer in the summer of '99, and got jacked around just as badly. I ended up buying the car from a different dealer that time, too.

Hell of a way to run a company. I'm now on my 9th Audi, and I still can't get the bastards to sell me a car the way I want it.

DMoore
'04 S4 Avant
Old 09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They can even allocate based on color!!!!

My dealer ordered all Black and Nogaro Cars (and one Dolphin) and then were allocated a white car and they couldnt change it. Never heard of this before but.... who knows.

Quick Reply: What is my car doing?