S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

X-Post from Norcal Forum: Just got a ticket going 110+

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Post from Norcal Forum: Just got a ticket going 110+

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/10041.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/norcal/msgs/10041.phtml</a></li></ul>
Old 03-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Default Pretty sure provocation is no defense....

I'm sure we've all done what you did some time or another, but the "proper" response to someone getting on your tail is obviously not to break the law yourself.

Not to be a d!ck or anything, bc there is no doubt you got screwed. Do hire a lawyer, if you can afford it. Either way, contest the ticket. Pretty common for the cop who stopped you not to show at the hearing date, and eventually the ticket will be dismissed. If he does show, ticket/fine/penalty will usually be down-graded by the judge.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Ya, going lawyer for sure. Future insurance costs justifies doing so. However, what about

contesting by mail first, hoping the cop doesn't write back, like it says on ticketassasin.com? Friends say that if I do that, even if I can go to court afterwards (by law), the judge won't or can't give me traffic school as an option. Any ideas, cali people?
Old 03-18-2004, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default in such a situation....

I wonder what would happend if u downshifted a few gears and slowed down without brakes...

and to add more drama..what if the cop hits u ?

I used to do that to people who tailgates me...esp if I know its some kid itching for a race..I aint got time for that...
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 AM

Default You need a sick attorney...same thing happened to me last summer this is what I did...

I had a serious rash of speeding tickets last summer about 9 pending points total, and one of them was for going well beyond the limit. You need to get your lawyer to work out some sort of probation deal if he/she can. All of my points were pending for 6 months after I got them. As of today I have 2 points on my license. This could work for you, just make sure you get an atty with a good reputation.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I do that a lot, especially in traffic. However, one time I did that in the Tahoe

and the guy behind me got so annoyed that he decided to go crazy and cut right, but as soon as he did he saw that there was a car in his blindspot...so he over corrected, again, and again...ended up hitting the median on the freeway going 80 (I was following a porsche carrera comfortably, we were just pacing down the highway) and he ended up doing a 360 and bashing against the median twice.

The mexican guy was in a fixed up old stationwagon, with his whole family and two kids in the very back. I saw the headlights in the rearview come together (night time, moderate traffic)....he basically caused a big wreck.

In the s4, on an open highway...it's safer for me just to pickup some speed and get away.

Also, remember that it wasn't a normal cop crown vic...this was something else, I'm pretty sure it was that green stang. His lights and siren weren't as bright as the real deal, so it looked like a sort of undercover deal, out especially for st. patty's.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Fortunately, I've got a clean record. Hoping to get it marked down and do traffic school.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:39 AM

Default I had to take a couple classes too, it helps when trying to fight future tickets...oh yah

and DON'T show up in court, absolutely a no no. If they see you they will FRY you.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default You mean let the laywer do all the work? And do you mean because of age? I look older.

Carry myself pretty well in these types of situations.

Can I have the lawyer just show up for me?

Ya and online traffic school is the best. Takes 1 hour at the most. Done it twice.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I got pulled over for going TOOO slow in front of a MD

trooper once. He tailed my butt for about 5 miles and I was in the left lane doing almost 60 in a 60 zone. And yes i was blocking the left lane.. so on come the lights...

tropper "Sir, you need to speed up"
me " i was going close to the posted limit"

trooper " You need to keep traffic moving along"

me " So your telling me to exceed the posted limit then"

Trooper " No I did not say that"

me " if I go any faster I will exceed the limit, and too many times cops trail people and goad them into going faster and giving them tickets"

trooper "just keep things moving...and have a nice day"

then he leaves......next time a few weeks later I get pulled over for speeding on my ZX-9 (cop almost crashes trying to get me in his stupid harley)

I told them I was told by a tropper to exceed the limit...

Trooper "who told you that"

me "an officer in car # J-XX, annapolis barracks"

trooper looking suprised that i was able to give the number of the car and barracks "I will have a talk with him then.."

and gives me a ticket....how about that one...

cops = Jerks

Quick Reply: X-Post from Norcal Forum: Just got a ticket going 110+