S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

$1495 for a stasis ecu reflash... they lost their mind

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stage one flash on my TT 2.0t and while i'm really only increasing 18-25 peak horsepowe the response of the car is night and day differt due to all the torque in the midrange. We're talking 50-80 lbft at certain RPMS.

Likewise being that the S4 is an already uprated version of the 3.0T i'm guessing that there won't be massive peak horesepower gains as compared to other 3.0T platforms. I do think, however, there will be plenty of power increase through the midrange probably in the 2-5 k rpm range. There is plenty of more flow capability in the supercharger through the midrange but it is still going to run out of steam up top due to it's limited size.

For me, anyway, chipping is not so much about what kind of massive peak numbers you can make but instead how big of an area under the curve difference we can see as that really has the potential to dramatically improve the drive experience.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeffc31337
I have a stage one flash on my TT 2.0t and while i'm really only increasing 18-25 peak horsepowe the response of the car is night and day differt due to all the torque in the midrange. We're talking 50-80 lbft at certain RPMS.

Likewise being that the S4 is an already uprated version of the 3.0T i'm guessing that there won't be massive peak horesepower gains as compared to other 3.0T platforms. I do think, however, there will be plenty of power increase through the midrange probably in the 2-5 k rpm range. There is plenty of more flow capability in the supercharger through the midrange but it is still going to run out of steam up top due to it's limited size.

For me, anyway, chipping is not so much about what kind of massive peak numbers you can make but instead how big of an area under the curve difference we can see as that really has the potential to dramatically improve the drive experience.
I think many are aware that it's the area under the curve that matters more than the peak, few members have made that point over many posts
Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just going to sit back, eat my popcorn and watch the show

Can't wait till numbers and stats start to drop!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Un1k
I think many are aware that it's the area under the curve that matters more than the peak, few members have made that point over many posts
I think it's worth repeating as there are still lots of "it's not worth 1500 for x HP" comments here and there. Plus, the A4 2.0t Stasis flash is 1500 as well so we should really be thinking of the S4 one as a bargain
Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car still impresses me enough after six months with respect to hp and torque. For me $1,500 will go to the suspension as my first major mod. My GTI with GIAC tune was night and day and well worth the $700 I paid especially in the torque department. This car however has plenty of torque so I will wait to flash for now as I am not bored with the car as yet.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I will respectfully bow out of any number speculations in the interest of fair play.
So what are you getting at?

IMO the 93 octane tune will be 30-50, the 100 octane will be 40-60.... pulley change(I have said all along will be used) will get you another 20-40..... Will see shortly.... later Ron
Old 08-18-2010, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
So what are you getting at?

IMO the 93 octane tune will be 30-50, the 100 octane will be 40-60.... pulley change(I have said all along will be used) will get you another 20-40..... Will see shortly.... later Ron
Unless I've missed something pulley change will not be required or even beneficial with this supercharger as it already uses a valve akin to an electronically controlled wastegate on a turbo.

It's all second hand info but I've seen mention that the pulley is small enough to run the blower right up to the edge of it's compressor map; all the extra boost is just recirculated back into the intake charge which should mean software alone would net all the benefits available without moving up to a larger supercharger.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Unless I've missed something pulley change will not be required or even beneficial with this supercharger as it already uses a valve akin to an electronically controlled wastegate on a turbo.

It's all second hand info but I've seen mention that the pulley is small enough to run the blower right up to the edge of it's compressor map; all the extra boost is just recirculated back into the intake charge which should mean software alone would net all the benefits available without moving up to a larger supercharger.
Stasis has mentioned that they'll release a smaller SC pulley. Jeff told me a combo of the chip and pulley will generate 440hp.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Will see...

Last edited by primetime; 08-18-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spot on, 100% correct sir.

I have said already that I am anxious to see what Stasis is talking about, since there are several complications with a pulley swap on this, some being a physical/mechanical issue with actually easily doing it, some associated with the requirement to change the size by enough to make a big difference - which there is not enough of a size change you can make to gain very much.

Likewise, as Jeff pointed out, the SC is very efficient right now how it's setup, and altering pulley diameters changes the entire map of this SC on this engine, possibly making LESS overall power if it changes where the peak efficiencies are with a pulley swap compared to where the engine needs that boost.