S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2010 Audi S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Audi S4

I am about to get rid of my 2010 Audi S4 Premium and settle for more of a baby wagon, any recommendations?
I just posted the car on lease busters with only $16000K. I have to get rid of it but I need a larger vehicle. Also, does anyone know if a redesign Q7 will be out soon?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Get a Q5! I personally find the Q7 way too big
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meteor S5
I am about to get rid of my 2010 Audi S4 Premium and settle for more of a baby wagon, any recommendations?
I just posted the car on lease busters with only $16000K. I have to get rid of it but I need a larger vehicle. Also, does anyone know if a redesign Q7 will be out soon?
Oh man.... don't do it :-) I just traded in my Q5 2 weeks ago for an S4. We got the Q5 because we a live a bit north and my daughter was growing up (I have a 4 yr old)... but I rarely felt like I was fully utilizing the space. And being a car/hatchback kinda guy, I never got used to the higher centre of gravity in the Q. It's awesome for a CUV but ultimately it cannot handle like an A4/S4.

On the plus side, it's easy to load kids since you don't have to bend much, pano roof is great, roof rails/cross bars are standard, rear seats are heated, parking system with MMI 3G includes front sensors and graphics overlayed in rear camera view, rear seats slide and recline, bass sounded a bit better in teh Q5 B&O probably because of the ported sub. All this doesn't make up for the drivetrain you get in the S4 though... but you can tell from how many Q5's there are on the road and the sales numbers that it manages to do everything well. I see you are in Toronto, let me know if you are getting the Q, I have a set of winters with 17" RS4 reps for sale :-)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Meteor S5
I love my 2011 S4 so much that I'm selling my 2005 BMW X5 and 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring Minivan and buying a 2012 Audi Q7 Sport. For a growing and active family the Q7 is far more practical than a Q5. The 3rd row helps when a couple of the kid's friends tag along for activities and the size is far superior for vacations, bike trips, ski trips, etc...particularly if you prefer to pack stuff inside rather than always throwing it in a roof box. The Q7 will already be a step down from the Honda Odyssey but we don't pack as much crap as we used to.

I just ordered a 2012 Q7 knowing that next summer will likely be the release of the redesigned 2013 Q7. I can't wait a year and I'm very happy with the current configuration of the Q7...especially that 333hp TSFI engine!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S4 is notworking out for space, I have a 19 month and another on the way. I love the car more than my previous S5 but I have to let it go.

QUOTE=GolfGL;24150878]Oh man.... don't do it :-) I just traded in my Q5 2 weeks ago for an S4. We got the Q5 because we a live a bit north and my daughter was growing up (I have a 4 yr old)... but I rarely felt like I was fully utilizing the space. And being a car/hatchback kinda guy, I never got used to the higher centre of gravity in the Q. It's awesome for a CUV but ultimately it cannot handle like an A4/S4.

On the plus side, it's easy to load kids since you don't have to bend much, pano roof is great, roof rails/cross bars are standard, rear seats are heated, parking system with MMI 3G includes front sensors and graphics overlayed in rear camera view, rear seats slide and recline, bass sounded a bit better in teh Q5 B&O probably because of the ported sub. All this doesn't make up for the drivetrain you get in the S4 though... but you can tell from how many Q5's there are on the road and the sales numbers that it manages to do everything well. I see you are in Toronto, let me know if you are getting the Q, I have a set of winters with 17" RS4 reps for sale :-)[/QUOTE]
Old 06-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To each his own I guess. I've got an S4 as well (although mine has Nav + B&O), two kids (11 & 8) and have just ordered a Q5. The Q will be our second car and not a replacement for the S4 (God forbid). Our Dealer was kind enough to loan us a Q5 for 5 days to see how we liked it and I did get to drive/use it a fair bit. For our purposes I don't really think there is that much more utility derived from the Q5 vs. the S4, just a different style of vehicle (wife wanted a crossover). I am also from the school of "the more room you have the more s--t you'll bring". For us there is only 1 advantage and that is when we're out as a family and bringing our 2 dogs. Aside from that, give me the keys to the S4.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, you must have a lot of stuff to haul around with the kids. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 month old and we fit in the car with room to spare. Wife has a passat wagon that is absolutely cavernous which we take on extended road trips, but rarely do we find the S4 lacking space with 2 adults and 2 car seats. I'm not a small guy either at 6'0 185lbs.

Good luck with your trade! I hope you find something that suits your needs and enthusiasm for cars.

Mike
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chris02b6
I am also from the school of "the more room you have the more s--t you'll bring".
Totally agree! My S5 has done okay for me and my family (wife and 2 kids - 4 & 7). Stuff in the trunk, bikes on the trunk rack, and we're good to go. That said, two extra doors would sure be nice. So I'm moving from the S5 to the S4 this summer. Besides, the S4 drives better, IMO.

I had an '02 A4 Avant 3.0 6MT for years. It was a spectacular car. If Audi were selling the S4 Avant in the US, that would be the ride for me. The Q5 and Q7 are lovely vehicles. But man, going S4 -> Q5/7 sure seems like a rough transition! Maybe consider the A4 Avant S-Line? Or an A6 Avant? They'll certainly handle better than any CUV, while providing similar cargo capacity. I looked long and hard at the Cadillac CTS Wagon (gasp!). It's an impressive vehicle in many ways... food for thought. Then I drove the S4 and I was all done.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tsmitty
.... I looked long and hard at the Cadillac CTS Wagon (gasp!). It's an impressive vehicle in many ways... food for thought. Then I drove the S4 and I was all done.
Don't laugh, but I also looked at the CTS wagon. Performance aside, the one thing I could not get past was how the reverse taper of the rear pillar gives it a hearse kind of look. In black, its deathly!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chris02b6
I am also from the school of "the more room you have the more s--t you'll bring".
I totally agree with this. My wife and I have 13-month old twin girls, and the S4 has plenty of space for stuff we take during our normal outings. In a few occasions, we even used the 335i coupe.

Quick Reply: 2010 Audi S4