S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2011 S4 S-Tronic Dyno baseline runs-Dynapack Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 S4 S-Tronic Dyno baseline runs-Dynapack Dyno

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMQcf89iaHU

Runs were made on a Dynapack Dyno. Thanks Road Race Engineering for letting me use your dyno whom was my Evo tuner for the past 5 years: www.roadraceengineering.com

Please don't compare these charts to runs on other dyno's since every dyno reads differently such as: Dynojet, Mustang, Dyno Dynamics, Dynamite, etc...
63 degrees in dyno room running on California's finest 91 octane fuel...

Ya the dyno charts say 370z, but the shop just overwrote the files car that was on the dyno before my car and they didn't save the file name when they were doing screenshots. So, if you read Modified Magazine, you'll see a red 370z Nismo package featured in it in an upcoming issue. That was the car running prior to mine.

Torque vs AFR's. Wow, AFR's are a LOT leaner than what i'm accustomed to seeing in normal fuel injection cars. I guess this is the benefits of direct injection. Anyone care to guess why when my on the purple lines went rich that power spiked dramatically? What is the ECU doing?

Torque Split graph
Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good numbers, and good idea to get a baseline. Looks like having it on the Dynapack gave it a Sport Diff error? I saw the yellow outline of the drive system at the top of the DIS, if I remember, this is what showed when I had the one Sport Diff fault I incurred.

On a side note - I personlly wouldn't leave tools on the Dynapacks while doing anything to a car - you can see items up there vibrating, there is really no need to leave things there and it's only asking for an accident.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also wanted to put it on the dyno to stress the engine to see if it holds up well under heavy loads without it knocking too badly. So, now i'm confident that my engine is decent and now let the mod'ing begin.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would have really thought you would have lost more hp and torque through the drivetrain..I guess the hp at fly wheel is +- 360. Nice!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Waudi
I would have really thought you would have lost more hp and torque through the drivetrain..I guess the hp at fly wheel is +- 360. Nice!
I was thinkng the same thing to. Here's Vwong's 6 speed B8S4 dyno'd on another Dynapack on the otherside of town:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...en-S4-amp-335i

Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Waudi
That is what most everyone else has identified.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You can see that the DSG does have more DT loss than 6MT, which APR has flagged in the past as a possibility.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm....both VWONG's and my car's AFR goes uber rich after 6000 RPM. I wonder what the ECU is doing....
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Getting too hot is my assessment. The ECU will dump much excess fuel in when the engine is very hot (not a lot of cooling in a dead end dyno shop, the car is thinking at 100+MPH to have that kind of wind blowing by the engine and radiators). This excess fuel evaporates from the heat and cools the cylinders.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Getting too hot is my assessment. The ECU will dump much excess fuel in when the engine is very hot (not a lot of cooling in a dead end dyno shop, the car is thinking at 100+MPH to have that kind of wind blowing by the engine and radiators). This excess fuel evaporates from the heat and cools the cylinders.
That is definitely the case.
However, when the AF ratio become very rich, you should lose power. The only reason I can think of as to why the opposite is happening, is perhaps because when the cylinder temps go down, the ECU is advancing the ignition timing, giving you more power.

Thanks for sharing your data.

Quick Reply: 2011 S4 S-Tronic Dyno baseline runs-Dynapack Dyno