S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2011 S4 Upgrade List Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 S4 Upgrade List Help

Hi All,

I am new to the Forum and thought I would reach out to the experts to assist in my list of upgrades. I am from the West Chester area of Pennsylvania (Philly Suburbs) if anyone is in the neighborhood. I am always looking for fellow S4 lovers to chat with in the area.

I have a 2011 S4 Pearl Black w/ Black and Silver Interior, 6SP, Drive Select, MMI, etc.

I am going to limo tint it and clear bra it ASAP... Still looking for good place sin the area. I only know of a good tinter not BRA installer.

Mods list is as follows:

**I would appreciate feedback from those who have done these mods already and have product company recommendations based on experience.

1. ECU Re-map or Board replacement - ARP, STaSIS, MTM ???
2. Exhaust - preferably full (i.e. headers back) not just a cat-back
3. Intake if available(haven't seen anything yet)
4. Smaller pulley for SC if it can handle more boost
5. Suspension - Adjustable Coilovers (Maybe Bilstein???)

I have researched MTM, ABT, & ARP based on discussions with my German colleagues. But, everything I have seen requires me to bring this stuff home from my trips to Germany which is some cases depending on parts is not possible. As well, I would like to stay away from EURO purchases as 1.5 times the cost with our exchange rate is BS.

I have read that some of you were looking into STaSIS and wanted to find out if their warranties are what they say they are and are the gains worth the $1500 ECU upgrade?

I know I may be digging up old news, but just thought I would ask and introduce myself. Looking forward to hearing back from the group.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

i graduated from WCU!!!! However, don't know any installers out there since i moved from there many years ago.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glad to hear fellow dub c folks are on the forum. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Hopefully I can find some others in the area. I have only heard of Evolution Motorsports in WC,but haven't done business with them on my previous cars. Hopefully someone has with them or has another tuner in the area they could recommend.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Best userid EVER!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MotorboatingSOB
Hi All,

I am new to the Forum and thought I would reach out to the experts to assist in my list of upgrades. I am from the West Chester area of Pennsylvania (Philly Suburbs) if anyone is in the neighborhood. I am always looking for fellow S4 lovers to chat with in the area.

I have a 2011 S4 Pearl Black w/ Black and Silver Interior, 6SP, Drive Select, MMI, etc.

I am going to limo tint it and clear bra it ASAP... Still looking for good place sin the area. I only know of a good tinter not BRA installer.

Mods list is as follows:

**I would appreciate feedback from those who have done these mods already and have product company recommendations based on experience.

1. ECU Re-map or Board replacement - ARP, STaSIS, MTM ???
2. Exhaust - preferably full (i.e. headers back) not just a cat-back
3. Intake if available(haven't seen anything yet)
4. Smaller pulley for SC if it can handle more boost
5. Suspension - Adjustable Coilovers (Maybe Bilstein???)

I have researched MTM, ABT, & ARP based on discussions with my German colleagues. But, everything I have seen requires me to bring this stuff home from my trips to Germany which is some cases depending on parts is not possible. As well, I would like to stay away from EURO purchases as 1.5 times the cost with our exchange rate is BS.

I have read that some of you were looking into STaSIS and wanted to find out if their warranties are what they say they are and are the gains worth the $1500 ECU upgrade?

I know I may be digging up old news, but just thought I would ask and introduce myself. Looking forward to hearing back from the group.
1. As of now I believe only Stasis and APR have the ECU programs out. Stasis has a 91 octane tune, and APR has a 91, 93, or even 100 octane tune. I don't have either but I would certainly recommend APR since everyone who has it has had nothing but good things to say about it.
2. Personally, I have the Milltek Non-Res catback exhaust and I am very happy with it. Not sure if anyone has a full exhaust and you said available but headers, and high flow cats are available separately.
3. I have the Hyperflow intake from Stratmosphere. I really like it! Great supercharged whine and relatively good price. AWE also has an intake out, and APR is releasing one soon, if they didn't already.
4. A pulley is being developed but not too sure if it will be worth it due to the $900+ price tag, and the low gains from just the pulley.
5. There are plenty of options as for suspension. Do some searching on that because they are many people on here, and audizine, who have many different setups. I went with just springs and have the Eibach pro pit, but I would not recommend them. H&R makes some good springs, which many members have. I am going to be upgrading to coils soon and there are many available. H&R has a set thats nice for a real good price. KW offers several variants but are certainly more expensive. Bilsteins are very good but also expensive!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the info. I will definitely look into this. It's getting tinted and a clear bra today. Can't wait to start working on this thing.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Where did you end up going? I'm in Kennett Sq and need to find a tinter for the wife's Q5.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MotorboatingSOB

True on all that, but I did carry my ECU back and forth from Germany to send to APR for the tune with no problems. There was nothing from the Euro market that I wanted for the car. Everything can be found here.

I did make a good friend at the local Audi dealership at the last minute who helped me get a few RS6/R8 cosmetic parts, but you can also get those through Europrice.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Add this to your list of "things to do". This will help protect your intercooler which is very prone to stones and other rock debris. There are various options to choose from:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2784308