S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2012 S4 Prestige MMI Problems? Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is pretty late, but I just now stumbled upon your post. I've had that same problem, twice, where my eardrums seemed to get blown out by the radio being on at full volume when starting up my car (2013 S4 Prestige) and I couldn't turn it down. It was couple months after I got the car and happened again a few months later. But it hasn't recurred in close to a year now. I called the dealer the first time it happened and they told me to let it sit for a while and it did reset itself. I mentioned it to the dealer when I brought it in to service the last two times but they never did anything or ever got a response from Audi. There have been other quirky things with that MMI system that don't make any sense and are totally random. Audi obviously has some poor Software QA.

Originally Posted by Pyro451
Hi,

I have had two MMI malfunctions in the last two weeks. The first one happened when I restarted the car about 10 minutes after coming home. The MMI came on at full volume from the rear drivers side speakers only. No matter what source I selected, it did the same thing. An MMI reset did not help. Waiting more than 20 minutes and restarting seemed to clear the problem.

Today, I started the car after it sat for about 5 minutes (school drop off) and the MMI screen was blank. Pressing several buttons did not bring it back. An MMI reset did bring it back this time.

For my first Audi experience, this is VERY disappointing quality control. I notified Audi support through their web site and expect to hear from them soon. They responded about the volume problem fairly quickly.

Anyone else have these problems?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was having intermittent issues with my rear view camera. I thought it was a software problem at first but then I checked the connections in the trunk. It's been fine since. Make sure your hardware is good as well as your software.