S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S4

Hi guys.

I used to frequent this forum when I had my 06 A4 2.0T.
So a bit of background.
Currently I'm driving my 09 135i MT, and It's been a blast for the past 3yrs.
Lots of big power, overall a very nice small coupe.

I'm looking for my next ride and am considering going back to Audi.
The F30 335i is on my list. Looks very nice this time around, especially the interior, which is finally something that can compete with Audi.

The direct competition that I am VERY seriously looking at, and why I'm here, is the S4.
The other Audi, if I stick with small coupe style is the TT vert.

This time I am considering going with an auto, especially the dual clutch in the S4.
Dealer says 2012 S4's exist and I'm can probably find what I want though color combo with be limited. I don't want much just the sport dif, B&O audio, nappa leather as I prefer full leather.

I can order and it will take 60-90 days, which is a good bit longer than BMW.
I ordered my 135i and it came to me in 6 weeks just as I ordered it.

So, if I go with an order, as I do have the time to wait, I'm probably going for the 2013 S4.
I don't know if Audi will have the $1000 conquest cash they have now of $1000. But, maybe the leasing will be better due to better residual for a newer model.

What is coming in the 2013 S4?
I hear that the B&O audio system may be standard, yes/no?
And, full leather vs alcantara/leather interior, yes/no/
If that's true and the price isn't increased too much, that would help offset the $1000 conquest cash, as I only want those 2 options and the spot diff.

Comments, knowledge, rumors, facts, all accepted.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2823362
Old 03-24-2012, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ah-4T, aside from some known changes such as improvements to the MMI (Google Maps and Hot-spot), exterior and interior tweaks there isn't a lot known about the MY13 S4 and specifically how the options will be bundled. This should be known within the next 2-3 weeks.

I have always been a BMW fan and I have owned several (335i vert, 540i sport and 530i sport). I test drove the F30 335i sport and S4 w/ DSG. Both have their strong points. I preferred the power delivery from the S4. The tune in the N55 seems a bit conservative for my liking (even in sport and sport plus mode). Styling is very subjective both are very good but the upcoming M-sport model is very nice.

If leasing try to find a MY12 as I believe Audi has some good programs to move inventory before the refresh. I suspect the programs are less aggressive with the F30 since it is a new model. Rebates/incentives can change but the conquest and loyalty programs have been fairly consistent.

The interior in the F30 has come long way but I did like the older style for it's simplicity and functionality. However what works for one driver/owner may not be acceptable for another. You may also want to test drive the 328i sport. The press seems very enamored with this powertrain. Plenty of power coupled with great fuel economy.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NHman

If leasing try to find a MY12 as I believe Audi has some good programs to move inventory before the refresh. I suspect the programs are less aggressive with the F30 since it is a new model. Rebates/incentives can change but the conquest and loyalty programs have been fairly consistent.
True, but if you start a lease right now with a 2013, versus a 2012, the residual value at the end of the lease is higher for the dealer, which may make the difference minimal.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dmbcrew36
True, but if you start a lease right now with a 2013, versus a 2012, the residual value at the end of the lease is higher for the dealer, which may make the difference minimal.
Except historically Audi doesn't have strong lease programs. I believe the existing program for the MY12 is subsidized to move existing inventory before the refresh is available. I didn't look into whether it was by a lower money factor and/or higher residual.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ah-4T
Hi guys.

I used to frequent this forum when I had my 06 A4 2.0T.
So a bit of background.
Currently I'm driving my 09 135i MT, and It's been a blast for the past 3yrs.
Lots of big power, overall a very nice small coupe.

I'm looking for my next ride and am considering going back to Audi.
The F30 335i is on my list. Looks very nice this time around, especially the interior, which is finally something that can compete with Audi.

The direct competition that I am VERY seriously looking at, and why I'm here, is the S4.
The other Audi, if I stick with small coupe style is the TT vert.

This time I am considering going with an auto, especially the dual clutch in the S4.
Dealer says 2012 S4's exist and I'm can probably find what I want though color combo with be limited. I don't want much just the sport dif, B&O audio, nappa leather as I prefer full leather.

I can order and it will take 60-90 days, which is a good bit longer than BMW.
I ordered my 135i and it came to me in 6 weeks just as I ordered it.

So, if I go with an order, as I do have the time to wait, I'm probably going for the 2013 S4.
I don't know if Audi will have the $1000 conquest cash they have now of $1000. But, maybe the leasing will be better due to better residual for a newer model.

What is coming in the 2013 S4?
I hear that the B&O audio system may be standard, yes/no?
And, full leather vs alcantara/leather interior, yes/no/
If that's true and the price isn't increased too much, that would help offset the $1000 conquest cash, as I only want those 2 options and the spot diff.

Comments, knowledge, rumors, facts, all accepted.
What is a conquest cash $1,000.00?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I share same dilemma as you. I recently test drove a f30 335i and S4 back to back. Then drove two more s4's just be sure. My feelings were that even though the F30 is a great car and definitely has more of a steering feel the S4 feels like a better car. Even with the interior upgrades the F30 lags audi in my opinion (not a fan of dakota leather). some of the tech in f30 is really useful. The m sport package is great but I think I'd have to wait even longer for that.

I was also seriously considering going for a 2012 model year but after checking out the facelift at the auto show and checking out some of the latets vids available on youtube. I think I am going to wait. Dealer told me ordering shld be available in two week or so. Thats when I plan to pull the trigger.

Note: To other members, how hard would it be to negotiate price on the 2013. My goal is to be not more that 1000 over invoice. Is that realistic for a brand new car (all be it a facelift). The new f30s gotta make audi a little nervous I'd hope.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
Note: To other members, how hard would it be to negotiate price on the 2013. My goal is to be not more that 1000 over invoice. Is that realistic for a brand new car (all be it a facelift). The new f30s gotta make audi a little nervous I'd hope.
Aim for $500 over invoice before any factory incentives (i.e. loyalty or conquest). Use True Car for invoice vs. MSRP and any factory incentives such as low pct finance rate.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have also been considering the F30 335i and the S4, and I recently made up my mind to wait for the 2013 S4.

In my case, the scales were tipped heavily in favor of the 335i because I already have a trip planned to Germany in late June-early July, and I could have done European delivery (ED). By all accounts, BMW's ED program is fantastic, and certain BMW dealers really embrace the program and give great pricing.

Audi's ED program is not as well established as BMW's, and the pricing I was able to negotiate with my local dealer wasn't as good as the BMW pricing I would have received, though the Audi loyalty incentive helps get them in the same ballpark. In any case, it looks like the 2013 S4 will not be available in time for my trip, though I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that it may work out at the last minute.

Other advantages to the F30 include the heads up display, BMW apps and other technology, and relatively spacious back seat. While they all sound nice, I decided that none is that important to me.

My decision to go with the S4 over the 335i was based primarily on three factors. First, while the 8-speed ZF transmissions are as good as any AT I've ever driven, S-Tronic is still in a different league. After driving A4s for 10 years, I moved to an A3 4 years ago solely for the transmission. I don't really want to go back to a true manual, and I don't think I can quite stomach a true automatic. For me S-tronic is the best of both worlds.

Second, I prefer the S4 interior by a long shot. It's a matter of personal preference, and my preference generally lies with Audi's interiors over BMW's.

Third, on my 12 minute drive to work, I must see at least eight different 3-series every day, including a couple of M3's. It's rare that I ever see an S4 in my city, so the S4 just seems more exclusive.

The toughest decision was whether to buy a 2012 S4 immediately or wait for a 2013. In the end, the fear of regret won out over impatience. While none of the announced differences in the 2013 is a big deal, collectively they're enough to make me wait at least for the order guide to come out. I expect to love my new S4 and expect to want to drive it for at least 5 years, so another 4-5 months won't kill me. Here's hoping for Estoril Blue Crystal.

-Steven
Old 03-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NHman
Aim for $500 over invoice before any factory incentives (i.e. loyalty or conquest). Use True Car for invoice vs. MSRP and any factory incentives such as low pct finance rate.
What about with an Audi supplier discount? My company is on it, should I just take 6% off msrp, or is it realistic to get to invoice or even below invoice?

Quick Reply: 2013 S4