S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 S4 - Alcantara or Nappa?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerepjd
"Stick" is more of a misnomer. It's more of a lack of sliding or moving side to side in tight turns. The the alcantara fabric has a suede like texture, and it's that texture in conjunction with the fabric of your clothing that "resist" moving. No velcro like grabbing as there's no resistance to getting in/out of the car.
Could not agree more.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love the alcantara. 40K miles on my silver/black seats and they still look new. Stays cooler in the summer then the leather and heats up quickly in the winter. I feel that the two tone alcantara is one of the features of the S4 that makes it even more special.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh oh oh... I have an opinion.

I think one of the coolest and most "special" features of the S4 is the availability of 2 tone seats. I have the black/silver leather, and every time I look at it, I love it. That said, I don't know about the silver alcantara durability, but so far so good with the leather. As far as the red goes, I loved it but thought it might be a little much every day... But you're getting a red car, so obviously you are a big fan of red. Have you considered the black/silver leather? That would have to look awesome with a red exterior.

Either way, all that said, I would go 2 tone leather of some kind. Red if you're crazy about red, silver if you are concerned about red/red being too much red.

That's all.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I liked the idea of alcantara for the reasons mentioned above, but I ordered black/silver leather for the contrast stitching and leather armrests.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were ordering a car new I would have gotten the silk nappa . However, I bought mine with 6,000 km on the odometer with alcantara so I had no choice. In the end I am very impressed and going forward I would order the alcantara if I were buying new. My car now has 75,000 km on it and the seats look and feel brand new. Benefits of the alcantara ois that they are warm in the winter, cool in the summer and they hold you firm in your seat. These benefits of alcantara are all negatives with the silk nappa. The only benefits of the nappa is their look and feel. How often does one look and feel their seats? I hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'll be hauling around two dogs (Golden Retrievers) so easy of cleaning is a priority. I like the look of the Alcantara and would prefer the benefits from the different seasons but it will be Fine Nappa for me (due to the first priority.

On YouTube there are a few videos of the MY13 in red exterior with the silver/back seats. Most views have the silver dash but there is one or two with the piano black.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sorry to revive an old thread but I'm looking at ordering a new S4 and am having the same question.

@OP, I think you said you were going with alcantara, how do you like it so far?

IMO there are 2 big factors that are making me lean towards alcantara:
1)I agree leather is classier, but I see the S4 more as a sporty car than a classy one - alcantara is sportier IMO
2)I can save the $$ and pay for an AWE exhaust (well, mostly )
Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

32K on mine and I love the look and feel of the Alcantara for all the reasons previously stated. Mine is black and still looks perfect. I've never been a big fan of the nappa's texture as it's to shiny/smooth for my taste.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you have to sit in each to get a feel for them. The alacantara is too grippy for my taste. I don't like that bound-up feeling. I must torque my shorts getting in the car or something.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Tweakophyte
I must torque my shorts getting in the car or something.
LOL sounds like a personal problem...

I noticed from your sig we're in the same boat just curious, how long have you been on the hunt?

Quick Reply: 2013 S4 - Alcantara or Nappa?