S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 Sprint Blue - New Winter Snow Shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Sprint Blue - New Winter Snow Shoes!

So put on the winter snow shoes today. I think it looks a LOT more aggressive with the gunmetal TSW’s! Now all I need to find is some snow!

Wheels: 18”x8” TSW Nurburgring – Matte Black
Tires: 245/40R18 Dunlop Wintersport 3D

Got them installed at Radial Tire Co. in Silver Spring, MD. Kind of a strange setup they got, and a bit slow, but effective and was able to watch them work on the car from the 2nd floor waiting room. A little less personal environment there, but I didn’t really have any problems and they were helpful and nice.

Anyway, enough of my life story. Here are the pics:

Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks good brother, kinda reminds me of the R34 Skyline that is almost the same color and black shoes. Hows life outside the Stan treating you?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by navyboy8404
Looks good brother, kinda reminds me of the R34 Skyline that is almost the same color and black shoes. Hows life outside the Stan treating you?
thanks! any life outside the Stan is good life! ironically, i had to leave the military to go there, but i was more than happy to assist the guys still wearing the uniform. still, good to be back in the US! where are you stationed at?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Down in Tampa attached to 4th Marines, 4th AABN. Not the same as active but then again coming from 2nd Recon nothing is the same. Its funny because life in the Stan sucks but its simple just survive. Her in CONUS it tends to be more like bitch your on your own no one has your 6
Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I love Sprint Blue (which was my only other color choice back when I was shopping). However, I went with the bright wheels for winter......and like these better than the OEM 18's.
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by navyboy8404
Down in Tampa attached to 4th Marines, 4th AABN. Not the same as active but then again coming from 2nd Recon nothing is the same. Its funny because life in the Stan sucks but its simple just survive. Her in CONUS it tends to be more like bitch your on your own no one has your 6
haha yeah i agree. life was oddly "easier" out there...

Originally Posted by Goony
I love Sprint Blue (which was my only other color choice back when I was shopping). However, I went with the bright wheels for winter......and like these better than the OEM 18's.
imola is an amazing color. i've seen it in person once and the pictures do no justice to the color! lancaster, huh? we should try to get our cars together in the spring/summer for some pics when i'm back in the philly area...
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OP, nice setup. I really like the contrast. It also should help hide a lot of the brake dust.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

LOVE THE BLUE.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My boyfriend and I just bought a 2013 S4 and we had no idea that blue was even an option. We thought the estoril blue was just too dark and not fun enough so we went with the monsoon gray. Maybe we wouldn't have wanted to wait and pay the extra money but I gotta say that seeing your gorgeous car, I'm crying on the inside a little bit.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NHman
OP, nice setup. I really like the contrast. It also should help hide a lot of the brake dust.
thanks! yeah it definitely looks a lot more aggressive.

Originally Posted by PseudoTsuga
My boyfriend and I just bought a 2013 S4 and we had no idea that blue was even an option. We thought the estoril blue was just too dark and not fun enough so we went with the monsoon gray. Maybe we wouldn't have wanted to wait and pay the extra money but I gotta say that seeing your gorgeous car, I'm crying on the inside a little bit.
haha well it was an exclusive color order - it's not standard. i figured that since i'm paying this much for a car, i might as well make sure it's got EVERYTHING EXACTLY how i want it! monsoon looks great on the S4's too though!

Quick Reply: 2013 Sprint Blue - New Winter Snow Shoes!