S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 Sprint Blue - New Winter Snow Shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoNavy
i figured that since i'm paying this much for a car, i might as well make sure it's got EVERYTHING EXACTLY how i want it!
Well stated.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

haha well it was an exclusive color order - it's not standard. i figured that since i'm paying this much for a car, i might as well make sure it's got EVERYTHING EXACTLY how i want it! monsoon looks great on the S4's too though!
When we started thinking about getting a new car (we had a black Mazda RX-8 before the new S4) we thought a nice bright blue would be a good change of pace. We decided on the S4 because it's completely awesome and everything that we wanted other than the color options. Had we known we could have special ordered the sprint blue we might have gone for it because like you said, if you're going to spend this much for a car you might as well get everything you want. Then again, snowboarding season was fast approaching and we really wanted to be able to get up to the mountain whenever wanted to this year

I saw in your other post that you ordered the black grill from OEMplus and I wanted to ask you, how long did it take to get and do you think getting the black replacements for the fog lights is worth it?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PseudoTsuga
When we started thinking about getting a new car (we had a black Mazda RX-8 before the new S4) we thought a nice bright blue would be a good change of pace. We decided on the S4 because it's completely awesome and everything that we wanted other than the color options. Had we known we could have special ordered the sprint blue we might have gone for it because like you said, if you're going to spend this much for a car you might as well get everything you want. Then again, snowboarding season was fast approaching and we really wanted to be able to get up to the mountain whenever wanted to this year

I saw in your other post that you ordered the black grill from OEMplus and I wanted to ask you, how long did it take to get and do you think getting the black replacements for the fog lights is worth it?
oh, that sucks that you didn't even know you could. oh well, whats done is done - and at the end of the day, you still have an awesome (looking) car!

as for the grill, they had a special in Sept where it was $130 off the reg price. got to me in about 3-4 days once it was in stock and shipped. they had to order it from Germany so total time took about 2-3 weeks i think. i'm thinking of doing vinyl wrap on the door trim and any other silver parts to make my car equivalent of a titanium package which i REALLY wanted...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great. Ya I'm with you can't wait for the white stuff. We have some forecast here for Saturday, can't wait.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

oh, that sucks that you didn't even know you could. oh well, whats done is done - and at the end of the day, you still have an awesome (looking) car!

as for the grill, they had a special in Sept where it was $130 off the reg price. got to me in about 3-4 days once it was in stock and shipped. they had to order it from Germany so total time took about 2-3 weeks i think. i'm thinking of doing vinyl wrap on the door trim and any other silver parts to make my car equivalent of a titanium package which i REALLY wanted...
We were bummed that the titanium package wasn't offered too. I think we have the exact same taste when it comes to cars. As for wrapping, I'm kinda on the fence because we plan on having this car for a long time. On the one hand I feel like we should just get the OEM parts because it's a longer term solution, but on the other hand OMG $1000 for window trim!??? Regardless, I can't wait until it's all blacked out; it's going to look so awesome.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
Ya I'm with you can't wait for the white stuff. We have some forecast here for Saturday, can't wait.
If it wasn't for Thanksgiving we would definitely be at the mountain this weekend. I have a new board this year that I'm hoping will be a big improvement and we have an awesome new car to drive up in. SO excited.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love the blue, great choice, but not feeling the gunmetal.