S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2017 Audi S4 & No Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Audi S4 switches to turbo power, loses manual

Originally Posted by Mesa512
Hello everyone,

2017 Audi S4 switches to turbo power, loses manual

Now we have not heard an official statement from Audi on this yet but it doesn't look promising....

I know this will only affects a small number of S4 owners but I was quite disappointed to learn that the 2017 S4 is not going to have manual transmission available as an option. There are plenty of people who are fine with the automatic transmission but some people enjoy driving a stick shift (myself being one of them).

After learning of this news about the future of one of Audi’s models I wanted to express my concern with someone at the company. Don't get me wrong I am one of the biggest advocates for Audi and always promote them whenever I talk about my car. However, learning this news has made me doubt what Audi has in store for the future. I realize that when you look at the percentage of sales in USA that the majority are getting the DSG option. However, it still disappoints me that they will be removing the manual option.

I planned on keeping my car for a while and riding it out until the car just got too old and needed to be replaced. My plan was to just get another S4 when that happened but I can assure you that won’t be happening if you don’t offer manual transmission as an option.

I truly love my S4. It’s a few years old now yet still to this day I get nothing but enjoyment driving the car. Prior to reading this news, I couldn’t think of another car that I would ever want to replace it. If the news that I read is true however, I will definitely have some thinking to do when it comes to replacing my car. I understand that not many car companies offer manual as an option but there are a few out there still and they will most likely be looked into when it comes times to buy a new car down the road (cough cough...Porsche....cough cough).

When a company makes a drastic change like this I feel I need to speak up about my thoughts and concerns regarding the change. If no one speaks up, the company is going to assume they made the right decision. By speaking out and expressing my concerns to someone at the company I can only hope that others are doing the same and will hopefully reverse their decision.

I submitted my thoughts on the issue on the following page. I don't think it's going to help but I figured it won't hurt so why not express my opinion. I encourage anyone that is not pleased with the news of no manual transmission to do the same.

Contact Audi Customer Service Audi USA

Thanks everyone.
I have similar thoughts. I will reply to the attached link.