S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2018 S4 Scheduled Maintenance- Necessary ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 S4 Scheduled Maintenance- Necessary ?

I coming up on my 40k mile scheduled maintenance on my Audi S4. I spoke with the dealership and they said it would be about 800$,

A. Is this absolutely necessary?
B. Can it be done at a reputable mechanic much cheaper?
Old 01-17-2021, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You may want to ask again in the B9 forum, but it's my opinion that scheduled maintenance is absolutely necessary to keep these cars in good running order. It is probably safe to say that an Indi shop would charge you less, however, have you considered Audi Care? It usually costs that much for two scheduled maintenance visits at an Audi dealership. I paid around $800 up front for my 55k and 65k services.

Last edited by AForePlayin'03; 01-17-2021 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AForePlayin'03
You may want to ask again in the B9 forum, but it's my opinion that scheduled maintenance is absolutely necessary to keep these cars in good running order. It is probably safe to say that an Indi shop would charge you less, however, have you considered Audi Care? It usually costs that much for two scheduled maintenance visits at an Audi dealership. I paid around $800 up front for my 55k and 65k services.
I agree. AudiCare is the way to go for regularly scheduled maintenance. My Tuner does any aftermarket but oil changes, brake fluid flushes, lubes and cabin filters can be done through AudiCare pretty reasonably
The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (03-25-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny timing to see this on the main page. But rather than starting a new thread, I had a similar question for my 2010 S4. I see the maintenance being totally necessary as mentioned above. My question is more about the price. I have 1 Audi dealership nearby, kind of new. Seems state of the art...But $1600 out the door is what I was quoted.

Be easy on me lol, this is my first Audi, and just getting back into the game after a long break. Historically I had few Nissan Z's like a 300ZX-TT and a 350Z but really enjoying this car thus far. I bought a very clean 2010 Audi S4 with 72K miles on it. Being that it's approaching the service, I want to make sure to keep the car running well. I called a local dealer and they quoted me $1600 for the service. I was a little taken back, figured I need to know this world/community better.

Sorry for the newb question. I do have a local shop that specializes in German cars...I have to assume it will be less. Below is the list for what they perform at that price.

FACTORY RECOMMENDED - 75K Mile check
Ribbed V Belt - Replace only the V belt
for the compressor drive (front belt)
Change engine oil and replace filter
Dust and Pollen Filter - Replace
S Tronic/Tiptronic - change oil
Automatic Transmission and Final Drive -
Check for leaks
Battery - Check and replace if necessary
Brake Discs - Check thickness
Check Brake System for damage, leaks,
pad thickness, fluid level
Cooling System - Check Level, add if
necessary
Doors - lubricate doors, check straps
Drive Shaft Boots - Check
Engine Compartment - Check for leaks
Exhaust System - Check for damage,
leaks
Front and Rear Axle - Check for excessive
play, check dust seals on ball joints
Horn - Check function
Interior Lights - Check all interior light…
Old 03-29-2021, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
But $1600 out the door is what I was quoted.
Seems a bit excessive. Not sure how long you plan on keeping the car, but have you checked into Audi Care, specifically for the 75k and 85k service packages? I found some valuable information on an Audi USA Audi Care website that you can arm yourself with, in the event you decide to call them back. Scroll down to the section for 2010 - 2016 Audi models, then click the drop down menu for pricing (check the other details also). For your model, it says $899 for those two packages. In the smaller print, it DOES, however, say that the dealer sets final price, but I don't see how they can mark it up that much.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AForePlayin'03
Seems a bit excessive. Not sure how long you plan on keeping the car, but have you checked into Audi Care, specifically for the 75k and 85k service packages? I found some valuable information on an Audi USA Audi Care website that you can arm yourself with, in the event you decide to call them back. Scroll down to the section for 2010 - 2016 Audi models, then click the drop down menu for pricing (check the other details also). For your model, it says $899 for those two packages. In the smaller print, it DOES, however, say that the dealer sets final price, but I don't see how they can mark it up that much.
Super helpful, I had no idea the Audi care packages covered this year and miles. I will call and find out what the details are. I'm sure they will tell me something along the lines of there being differences in what they replace/check. But they didn't even bring this up to me themselves either. Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
AForePlayin'03 (03-30-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
Funny timing to see this on the main page. But rather than starting a new thread, I had a similar question for my 2010 S4. I see the maintenance being totally necessary as mentioned above. My question is more about the price. I have 1 Audi dealership nearby, kind of new. Seems state of the art...But $1600 out the door is what I was quoted.

Be easy on me lol, this is my first Audi, and just getting back into the game after a long break. Historically I had few Nissan Z's like a 300ZX-TT and a 350Z but really enjoying this car thus far. I bought a very clean 2010 Audi S4 with 72K miles on it. Being that it's approaching the service, I want to make sure to keep the car running well. I called a local dealer and they quoted me $1600 for the service. I was a little taken back, figured I need to know this world/community better.

Sorry for the newb question. I do have a local shop that specializes in German cars...I have to assume it will be less. Below is the list for what they perform at that price.

FACTORY RECOMMENDED - 75K Mile check
Ribbed V Belt - Replace only the V belt
for the compressor drive (front belt)
Change engine oil and replace filter
Dust and Pollen Filter - Replace
S Tronic/Tiptronic - change oil
Automatic Transmission and Final Drive -
Check for leaks
Battery - Check and replace if necessary
Brake Discs - Check thickness
Check Brake System for damage, leaks,
pad thickness, fluid level
Cooling System - Check Level, add if
necessary
Doors - lubricate doors, check straps
Drive Shaft Boots - Check
Engine Compartment - Check for leaks
Exhaust System - Check for damage,
leaks
Front and Rear Axle - Check for excessive
play, check dust seals on ball joints
Horn - Check function
Interior Lights - Check all interior light…

The 75K service is expensive even from and independent. My 2014 S4 just had its 75K service and it cost me $700 and then I added a Walnut Blast for another $350!!!