S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

3rd Mod...Black Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd Mod...Black Rims

Hey Guys,

So I've had my car for just 1 month now and I've managed to get my 3rd modification done. 1st was de-badging and then re-badging with the Supercharged badge; 2nd was the 5% tint; now I bought and installed Matte Black VMR V710s on the car. Stayed with 18" wheels as I didn't want to step up a size and risk denting a rim, plus I saved a lot of money not having to buy a whole new set of 19" tires. One cool thing with the VMRs...I was thinking about putting spacers on the wheels so that they would sit flush with the wheel wells, but there's no need due to the larger size vs the stock. Stock is 8" wide and the VMRs are 8.5"...believe it or not that 1/2" is pretty much exactly the gap that I previously had so now the wheels sit flush and no need for spacers!

Anyway, below are some pics I took last night. Only had my blackberry on me so the quality is not 100%, but you get the idea. I'll take some more pics next time I wash her =)
Attached Images     
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sinister! The car looks great blacked out.

Whats next on the list of mods? Maybe a drop?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DavidSilverS4
Sinister! The car looks great blacked out.

Whats next on the list of mods? Maybe a drop?
Thanks!

Next will be a black grill as I believe that will complete the "murdered out" look. Would love to drop it, but it's a leased car and I have to go forward under the assumption that I will not buy it out at the end but will instead return it...so, no drop = ( Also need to take my Passport 9500iX out of my bimmer and hardwire it in this car.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrizzTT
Thanks!

Next will be a black grill as I believe that will complete the "murdered out" look. Would love to drop it, but it's a leased car and I have to go forward under the assumption that I will not buy it out at the end but will instead return it...so, no drop = ( Also need to take my Passport 9500iX out of my bimmer and hardwire it in this car.
Let me know how the grille goes. I've been toying with doing that myself.... just not sure.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That looks awesome
Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Black cars with black rims always look evil. Almost like a Decepticon cop car. Way cool! Now you need a loud evil exhaust sound to go with the look.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I love your blackout project thus far! Major props!

Not to play devil's advocate, but I've got to play devil's advocate! The blackout grille looks absolutely amazing on these cars!!! And we happen to have them available

Click here for B8 S4 black out grilles

Also, if it is a lease you could put this in and remove it when you turn in the car, that way you reduce the lease end inspection fee.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 07-29-2010, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! that car is triple black with limo tints.Like the rims, now all you need is exhaust system(recommend APR alot- A.W.E alittle) to round it out.Good representing the Brilliant Black crowd
Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris@ECStuning
I love your blackout project thus far! Major props!

Not to play devil's advocate, but I've got to play devil's advocate! The blackout grille looks absolutely amazing on these cars!!! And we happen to have them available

Also, if it is a lease you could put this in and remove it when you turn in the car, that way you reduce the lease end inspection fee.
What if you want to run a front plate? Is there any option for that?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments!!

Quick Reply: 3rd Mod...Black Rims