S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

5k service question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5k service question

What does the dealer do at the 5k service? I don't have my owners manual handy.

Oil change is a given... rotate tires? Misc checks? I assumed the oil being changed it the only "real" servicing it gets.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i believe its just an oil change and a rotation of tires
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Make sure they rotate your tires, as that is the only time they will do it for free. Other than that and an oil change, I don't know what else they do other than inspecting fluid levels etc. I assume you're taking it to Millenium?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Make sure they rotate your tires, as that is the only time they will do it for free. Other than that and an oil change, I don't know what else they do other than inspecting fluid levels etc. I assume you're taking it to Millenium?
I don't use Millenium. I always do business with Momentum BUT I'm actually going to take it to West Houston Audi as it much closer to home/work.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Audi West FTW The service dept there is very good; it's where I go. For sales I'd probably go to Millenium tho.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, the lead tech at Millennium, is fantastic as well. He's been the only person to work on any of my cars in the past 5 years. Not saying there's anything wrong with the others, but Millennium has a great service dept too.

Audi West FTW The service dept there is very good; it's where I go. For sales I'd probably go to Millenium tho.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealership didn't initially rotate the tires on my own car @ the 5K service, because I had a patch in the rear tire that they thought could cause problems. But, when yet another tire; front passenger, was being patched, I thought I saw some excess wear. So I took the car in this past weekend so they could look at the tread and they said it was fine and they'd rotate the tires @ 10K. Who knows! We'll see what happens...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Who's your service rep? I don't know anyone there. I've been going to the Porsche dealership before this... lol
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They rotated my tires at 5K service. Had to come get me to find out where wheel lock wrench was. The rotation thing is not a big deal for me, as my wheels/tires came from Discount Tire. They do free lifetime tire rotations.

Bruce
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NickS
Who's your service rep? I don't know anyone there. I've been going to the Porsche dealership before this... lol
Talk to Mike Farrell; he's awesome. I believe he used to work at Millenium but has been at Audi West for a while now. Anyway, I don't go to the dealership too often but you can tell him the guy who put A5 wheels on his A4 sent you; he'll take care of you for sure.

Last edited by ItsDubC; 07-26-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 5k service question