S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

About to place order... seeking details on color options, specifcally leather colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to place order... seeking details on color options, specifcally leather colors

I am about to place an order for my third Audi. First was a 2001 A6 2.7T that I ran to 135K miles... second was (is) a 2005 A4 1.8T USP that just isn't fast enough for me! I am looking for help with finding details on color options, specifically the leather seating surfaces.

First, the car will be 2011 3.0T Prestige, 6MT, sport diff, side assist, R&S airbags... the rest depends on color options chosen. The real issue is finding out about the TRUE color of the brown Napa leather seating surfaces.

Details below, but, succinctly, my question is: Is the brown Napa leather in the S4 the exact same color as the leather in the S5?

The dealer claims the black/brown Napa leather option for the S4 has code "SH", and the order sheet shows the description as "TUSCAN LEATHER". Tuscan brown is also the same description given to the brown leather seating surfaces in the S5. I have found lots of images online of the S5 brown leather interior... and it looks VERY orange to me, not brown. I cannot find very many images of the brown leather in an S4, but the ones I have found also look orange. I even found a few threads that seemed to have S5 owners arguing back and forth that the seats were closer to orange or that the camera used to take the images was inadequate. I asked the dealer if they could confirm (or deny) that the S4 brown Napa leather is the same color as the S5. They could not. They didn't have any S4s or S5s on the lot with that option, either, for me to see for myself. If you use the configuration tool on Audi.com, the brown leather in the S4 looks nice and dark, and definitely not orange. I looked at the brown leather in the A8 on the lot (referred to as "Nugget") and it is spectacular. Similarly, the "Cinnamon" in the A7 is beautiful. The "Tuscan" in the S5, at least in the pictures, looks horrible (to me).

Any advice? My preference is to get a Meteor Grey on black/brown with birch and without titanium. However, if the brown is actually orange, I'm considering either Meteor on black alcantara with birch and titanium or Sprint Blue on black/silver with carbon and titanium. Obviously, the sprint blue car changes the attitude substantially.. and I'm still not convinced I want to stray from the uber-classy meteor grey.

TIA,

Jeff
Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at Sepang Blue if you like Sprint but don't want a substantial attitude change. I get a lot of compliments on mine
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JWeb
I am about to place an order for my third Audi. First was a 2001 A6 2.7T that I ran to 135K miles... second was (is) a 2005 A4 1.8T USP that just isn't fast enough for me! I am looking for help with finding details on color options, specifically the leather seating surfaces.

First, the car will be 2011 3.0T Prestige, 6MT, sport diff, side assist, R&S airbags... the rest depends on color options chosen. The real issue is finding out about the TRUE color of the brown Napa leather seating surfaces.

Details below, but, succinctly, my question is: Is the brown Napa leather in the S4 the exact same color as the leather in the S5?

The dealer claims the black/brown Napa leather option for the S4 has code "SH", and the order sheet shows the description as "TUSCAN LEATHER". Tuscan brown is also the same description given to the brown leather seating surfaces in the S5. I have found lots of images online of the S5 brown leather interior... and it looks VERY orange to me, not brown. I cannot find very many images of the brown leather in an S4, but the ones I have found also look orange. I even found a few threads that seemed to have S5 owners arguing back and forth that the seats were closer to orange or that the camera used to take the images was inadequate. I asked the dealer if they could confirm (or deny) that the S4 brown Napa leather is the same color as the S5. They could not. They didn't have any S4s or S5s on the lot with that option, either, for me to see for myself. If you use the configuration tool on Audi.com, the brown leather in the S4 looks nice and dark, and definitely not orange. I looked at the brown leather in the A8 on the lot (referred to as "Nugget") and it is spectacular. Similarly, the "Cinnamon" in the A7 is beautiful. The "Tuscan" in the S5, at least in the pictures, looks horrible (to me).

Any advice? My preference is to get a Meteor Grey on black/brown with birch and without titanium. However, if the brown is actually orange, I'm considering either Meteor on black alcantara with birch and titanium or Sprint Blue on black/silver with carbon and titanium. Obviously, the sprint blue car changes the attitude substantially.. and I'm still not convinced I want to stray from the uber-classy meteor grey.

TIA,

Jeff
Someone posted tuscan brown pictures. I think most pictures of tuscan brown on the internet is very misleading. It's either too red or too orange.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2781773

You be the judge.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Take a look at Sepang Blue if you like Sprint but don't want a substantial attitude change. I get a lot of compliments on mine
It is a spectacular color, but I have trouble justifying the addition $2,500 to get it.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bbmaster
Someone posted tuscan brown pictures. I think most pictures of tuscan brown on the internet is very misleading. It's either too red or too orange.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2781773

You be the judge.
Thanks for that link; I don't think it is one I found during my search. That is probably the least "orange" I've seen the tuscan brown look on an internet photo.

I'd definitely be interested in some more opinions on the "orange-ness" of the tuscan brown in reality as opposed to pics on the 'net.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is another one for you. It's tuscan brown on the R8. I think it really depends on the camera. This one does not look orange to me at all.

http://images.dealerrevs.com/gallery...hp?id=42067275
Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've seen the Tuscan brown and it's not orange by any means. It is a hard color to describe though - maybe a cross between cinnamon and milk chocolate.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
I've seen the Tuscan brown and it's not orange by any means. It is a hard color to describe though - maybe a cross between cinnamon and milk chocolate.
+1 got to see it in person on Sat, Chestlock has it on his Quartz, it's an interesting color for sure.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
That description is certainly consistent with bbmaster's link above to the tuscan leather in the R8. I'm not sure why that color doesn't photograph very well. And, as I'm sure everyone agrees, the pictures on the 'net are certainly not anything like what shows up on audi.com in the configuration tool:
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't worry, the magma doesn't photograph well either.

You should rest assure that Audi doesn't make much ugly stuff though.

Quick Reply: About to place order... seeking details on color options, specifcally leather colors