S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alarm & turn signal question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm & turn signal question

Hey since I've only had my car for a couple of days and still learning it, I've got a lot of minor questions. Sorry about these silly questions but I can't find answers to them in the manual.

Sometimes I "lose" my car in the parking lot and hearing a chirping sound as I unlock the door from the distance would often help. Is there way to have a chirping sound when I push "unlock" button on the remote? Right now it only makes sound when I lock it via the remote.

Also, the turning signal is very quiet inside the car when it is activated. I can hardly tell it's on. Is there a volume setting for that?

I know, minor questions, but I am kind of OCD when it comes to cars. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use Vag-Com to enable the alert sound when unlocking the car. From website: http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html

Enabling/disabling doors locked/alarm armed sound: It is possible to enable the beep the car makes when locking doors in European models and likely to disable the beep in U.S. models that beep by default (and vice-versa of course). Just make sure you have the latest VCDS/VAG-COM updates installed and check/uncheck the checkbox Anti-Theft-System: Horn Confirmation active in 46 Central Conv., Long Coding, Byte 01, Bit 2. This may require that factory alarm is installed on the car.

EuroDan has confirmed that one can also enable a dual opening beep by changing the value on adaptation channel 63 (in module 46) from 40 to 44 (or, judging by the link/info in the next text, adding 4 to whatever value you have there). Obviously, if dual opening beep is already enabled, try -4 subtract from the value to disable it, if you wish. (Old text about this: According to an unconfirmed post at motor-talk.de (http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/codie...3.html?page=57), one can also enable opening dual beeps in addition to a closing beep. The instructions are: "Komfortsystem (Adresse 46) / Anpassung / Zentralverriegelung Funktionen -> zum eingetragenen Wert +4 addieren" which translates to "Comfort System (address 46) / adjust / add central functions -> to the registered value +4". Note: This was for adaptation channel 63.)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What? I can't just do it in the car without Vag? Damn!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Couldn't you just hit the "lock" function instead, since it makes the same sound? The lights still flash. That's what I do anyways. Works just fine.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muray

Use the panic button to active the alarm. If you still can't find the car, you should probably call the police and report the car stolen.

I know, because I lived in NYC for a few years
Old 03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I know it is a bit of a hike, but I'm up in New Haven if you are looking for VAG mods. There are a few closer people as well - check the regional posting.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

just press lock, it will beep again even if already locked. Turn signals, you are SOL. You'll just have to pay attention to what you are doing while driving and remember you turned your signal on a few seconds ago The indicators on the dash are also in an awkward spot as they are easily blocked by the steering wheel (depending on your seating and wheel position).

Have fun with the new car!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've always thought it was easy to see the turn signals in the side mirrors... Can usually see it out of the corner of my eye when looking ahead.