S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alcantara vs. Silk Nappa in S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I would have paid extra for the alcantara. Bonus that it's standard IMO.
+2
Old 03-04-2011, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

You should sit in and drive cars with both seats. I thought i would love the alcantara until I sat in it and drove it. Not for me. But you may love it. I don't think either will wear poorly as long as they are cared for properly, but I'd have to +1 RedMagma's comment about the red on red ( bias here )
Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Black with Magma here, approaching 50,000 miles, no wear whatsoever. Very impressed with the Nappa on the B8.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

IMO, not many cars came with two tone leather sport seats. This reason alone just makes the S4 more unique. There's just something about leather that nothing can touch. Just like skin, leather has to be cared for properly.(clean, condition, etc...)
Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had ordered my car I would have gone for the nappa which I have and love in my TT. Pros alcantara: nice and warm in the winter and cooler in the summer, hold you nice and firm in the seat. Cons: not as nice looking as the nappa and harder to clean. Having said that they look as they did when I bought the car 40,000 km ago.

If I were ordering again today it would be a hard choice as I love the look of the two tone nappa. Either way, great seats.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm perfectly content with my Alcantara seats with Meteor Gray exterior. Great grip and virtually no wear. That being said, I love the Magma Red with Quartz Silver exterior. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anthony9999a
I'm perfectly content with my Alcantara seats with Meteor Gray exterior. Great grip and virtually no wear.
Same here. Rather save the money & get sports rear diff - about the same price!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
If I had ordered my car I would have gone for the nappa which I have and love in my TT. Pros alcantara: nice and warm in the winter and cooler in the summer, hold you nice and firm in the seat. Cons: not as nice looking as the nappa and harder to clean. Having said that they look as they did when I bought the car 40,000 km ago.

If I were ordering again today it would be a hard choice as I love the look of the two tone nappa. Either way, great seats.
Weird, I have had zero issues cleaning mine and they look (no exaggeration) exactly the same as when I got the car - after 14+ months and 17K miles. Nappa will crease and stretch, while the alcantara shows zero signs of use.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bbmaster
IMO, not many cars came with two tone leather sport seats. This reason alone just makes the S4 more unique. There's just something about leather that nothing can touch. Just like skin, leather has to be cared for properly.(clean, condition, etc...)

yes, I agree. The black and red magma especially caught my eye and is very very nice

I have had all kinds of leather seats. I dont think one is any more difficult to clean than the other and with all leather you slide a bit in if its a brand new new car. Even Lexus leather, which IMO is superior to any leather I have seen in any car, I slid around a bit when I bought my 2009 LS460. And when you clean and condition it, you will be sliding around for a short time too
Old 03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The alcantara as a no cost option is a must. I have sat in hundreds of the S4's and I always find that the trim is not only unique and "audi" but serves a purpose in hotter climates.

Quick Reply: Alcantara vs. Silk Nappa in S4