S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Alcantra Happiness Meter

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcantra Happiness Meter

Put a deposit down on a Deep Sea Blue, Premium + with Nav and Bang & Olufsen a few days ago. It is arriving in August. Love the car but I really wanted the silk nappa seats at first. I backed off since this car was $1000 cheaper and ready so much sooner.

Despite the time and cost, I am wondering how happy people are with their black/black leather/aclantra seats. Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got black/black leather/alcantara sport seats and i think that is the best possible combo...
Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by borutp
I got black/black leather/alcantara sport seats and i think that is the best possible combo...
I think they are both great and have their own advantages. With that being said I prefer Alcantara as I like the grip, the texture contrast with the leather. From my perspective you really can't go wrong with either choice!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by silverguy
Put a deposit down on a Deep Sea Blue, Premium + with Nav and Bang & Olufsen a few days ago. It is arriving in August. Love the car but I really wanted the silk nappa seats at first. I backed off since this car was $1000 cheaper and ready so much sooner.

Despite the time and cost, I am wondering how happy people are with their black/black leather/aclantra seats. Thoughts?
That car with Sport Diff is my ideal car.... yum.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My alcantara happiness meter reads as follows:

Old 07-21-2010, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by silverguy
I've had black/black alcantara seats for 7 months - they wear well, they look and feel like suede, and passengers think they're plush!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zerinTT
My alcantara happiness meter reads as follows:

Same here, great grip, looks like new after 7 months, never hot sitting in the sun, you don't sweat when sitting on it like leather, easy to clean.

At WaterWerks this weekend, I was at the Achtuning!/APR booth showing the new exhaust for them and kept my windows down. EVERY woman who came by had to reach in and run their hands over the alcantara, and several guys did. They all loved it and most thought it was an upgrade - they were all surprised when I said you had to pay 1K more for full leather.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love the alcantara - feels great, wears well, holds tight, etc.

HOWEVER - if you wear "tucked in" shirts - you will hate them. They will pull your shirts out when you get in the car (because the fabric of your shirt won't slide on the alcantara like it would on leather). Fortunately - I don't tuck my shirts - so not a problem - but the one day I did, it drove me crazy...
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Same here, great grip, looks like new after 7 months, never hot sitting in the sun, you don't sweat when sitting on it like leather, easy to clean.
+1. Had them on my B6 and had to have them on my B8. Grip is great, texture is great, wear is great, plus they don't get too hot in the summer. If it would have been the other way around, I would have still paid the $1k for the alcantara over the nappa.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by borutp
Same here and agreed. Everyone that gets in the car loves it too.

Quick Reply: Alcantra Happiness Meter