S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Another 2012 order.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Another 2012 order.

Finally getting back into an S4 after getting rid of my B5 S4 5 years ago. I went through a B7 A4 and a C6 A6. Both S-Line, and both very different from one another and from the B5 S4.

Here is what I'm ordering:

2012 S4 S-Tronic Premium Plus
Monsoon Gray
Black Leather / Alcantara
Navigation
Sports diff
Rear parking sensors
B&O
19" Wheels
Advance Key
Carbon trim

Opted against prestige since it is a lease and residual take a hit, plus I don't like the adaptive lights in my A6 and I can skip side assist and Nappa arm rests. Plus with the more a-la-carte optioning I can get most of what I wanted from the 2011 prestige option anyway.

No prestige means no ADS, which I would have liked for the dynamic suspension, but reasoned you only get variable ratio steering and dynamic suspension for $2850 over just the sports diff.

Also passed on the titanium package not just because it requires prestige but also do to speculation of Audi's usual "late availability" of options like that which tend to just extend the order timetable. (I passed on my B8 A4 order a few years ago because of delays for Monza paint and S-Line.) Plus I'm not "crazy" about it, best features to me are the black grille and window surround.

Looking forward to it arriving, can't wait.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent choice. Looks like a fair # of AW members are ordering 12's!

Your car is exactly how I ordered mine except I opted for a 6sp. It's been too long since I rowed my own gears and I am really looking forward to it. I did have the chance to take the S-tronic out for an extended overnight test drive. It made my choice a lot harder given how smooth and nice that transmission is in the S4.

I can't wait either. Build week is next week with a ship date of 7/13. I am looking VERY forward to this car
Old 06-30-2011, 03:51 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Very nice. Congrats.

BTW how did you manage the "extended overnight test drive"? Did you know someone at the dealership?

Whenever I ask about an extended test drive they basically laugh at me and say a salesman has to accompany all test drivers. This is across multiple dealerships and multiple years.

The most seat time I ever got was at the Audi Driving Event when they introduce the B8 A4.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

That will be a stunner, I haven't been keeping up, has the Nav been updated from 2010?
Congrats
Originally Posted by gk1
Finally getting back into an S4 after getting rid of my B5 S4 5 years ago. I went through a B7 A4 and a C6 A6. Both S-Line, and both very different from one another and from the B5 S4.

Here is what I'm ordering:

2012 S4 S-Tronic Premium Plus
Monsoon Gray
Black Leather / Alcantara
Navigation
Sports diff
Rear parking sensors
B&O
19" Wheels
Advance Key
Carbon trim

Opted against prestige since it is a lease and residual take a hit, plus I don't like the adaptive lights in my A6 and I can skip side assist and Nappa arm rests. Plus with the more a-la-carte optioning I can get most of what I wanted from the 2011 prestige option anyway.

No prestige means no ADS, which I would have liked for the dynamic suspension, but reasoned you only get variable ratio steering and dynamic suspension for $2850 over just the sports diff.

Also passed on the titanium package not just because it requires prestige but also do to speculation of Audi's usual "late availability" of options like that which tend to just extend the order timetable. (I passed on my B8 A4 order a few years ago because of delays for Monza paint and S-Line.) Plus I'm not "crazy" about it, best features to me are the black grille and window surround.

Looking forward to it arriving, can't wait.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gk1
Very nice. Congrats.

BTW how did you manage the "extended overnight test drive"? Did you know someone at the dealership?

Whenever I ask about an extended test drive they basically laugh at me and say a salesman has to accompany all test drivers. This is across multiple dealerships and multiple years.

The most seat time I ever got was at the Audi Driving Event when they introduce the B8 A4.

When I began looking at the S4 I went out to my local dealer where I had purchased my 05 Allroad. I drove a Q5 and a new S4 they had on the lot. Afterwards I mentioned that I was going to think about it for a while and was not ready to purchase for a few months. The salesman mentioned that anytime I wanted to drive any model to just give him a call. A month later I saw they had a lightly used preowned on the lot. I emailed him and asked him if I could take it for 1/2 day so I could get a feel for the car. I didn't know what his reaction would be. he got right back to me and said we close at 5 on Sundays and if I would like to, I could come pick up the car and keep it till noon Monday. Of course I would like to was my reply and that was that. I put about 150 miles on it and it really helped me decide to purchase. Oddly enough I ended up buying elsewhere because they had no allocations and could not tell me when I could expect a car if I ordered.

Maybe it was because I had already purchased a car from them? I had never thought to ask before but am glad I did.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Huh. That's a pretty good dealer then. Or maybe b/c it was a pre-owned.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I’ve ordered 2012 S4 with the following options and price:

1. Prestige with six-speed manual - $54000
Base model – $47300 + Prestige - $6700
2. Phantom Black Pearl Effect - $475
3. Silk Nappa leather upholstery in Black and Red - $1000
4. quattro• with Sport Rear Differential - $1100
5. 19" Titanium Sport Package - $1000
6. Destination charge - $ 875

6% off the MSRP offered by the company I work for - total $54943
Which is around $500 over invoice price.

I ordered car on June 16th. Dealer said ETA is around end of August.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lenfried
I’ve ordered 2012 S4 with the following options and price:

1. Prestige with six-speed manual - $54000
Base model – $47300 + Prestige - $6700
2. Phantom Black Pearl Effect - $475
3. Silk Nappa leather upholstery in Black and Red - $1000
4. quattro• with Sport Rear Differential - $1100
5. 19" Titanium Sport Package - $1000
6. Destination charge - $ 875

6% off the MSRP offered by the company I work for - total $54943
Which is around $500 over invoice price.

I ordered car on June 16th. Dealer said ETA is around end of August.

I ordered 2011 S4 in April, waited a month, and was told that Audi changed my ordered to 2012. Was shipped on 6/9, waiting for my dealer to call me. They said end of July.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:02 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

AFAIK. No. It is the same nav on all B8's. I believe only the D4 A8 and C7 A6 and A7 and possibly the Q3 have the "newer" nav.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Did they have you re-option or re-price the car? Just curious since option packages and prices changed for 2012.

Quick Reply: Another 2012 order.