S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Any trouble with Stasis/APR tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any trouble with Stasis/APR tune?

I am thinking of getting this as my next mod as I have the AWE exhaust ordered. I know with APR if I don't like the tune I can ship it back and undo the reflash. Probably same as Stasis too then. Then are we out of the money we paid to them? I am leaning more towards Stasis because of the Stasis warranty and now that the APR sale is over. Seems to be a few people who have experienced some trouble with the tune...fluke? Who's happy with their tune and who's not?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Extremely happy.

The thread at AudiZine is the first I've read where someone was not happy or didn't feel they received what they paid for. I'm sure it was a fluke.

The tune transforms the car.

Muray...if you go Stasis you will get the same exact tune that I received from APR...91 Octane. It's fantastic.

If you want the 91 tune and you have a Stasis dealership close to you, and you don't mind the extra shipping of your ECU (to Stasis, to APR, back to Stasis, to your dealership) and the warranty is important to you then certainly go with APR. Just know that with Stasis you will not have access to program switching if APR releases it.

There really is no downside to the tune...same or better MPG and way better driving feel for the vehicle.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I second Redrocker. The only other issue I've seen is when APR did something wrong with Primetime's 100 octane ECU. However, APR immediately rectified the situation. I received my re-flash last week and am very happy with it. It's not going to transform your S4 into a 10 second car or anything, but it sure livens things up a bit, especially at the top end. I went with APR b/c of the great customer service, the option for a 93 octane flash, possible program-switching capabilities down the road, and it really kinda turned me off that Stasis didn't develop their own tune. Plus, I'm not that impressed with the "warranty" that Stasis offers. I don't think my dealership will ever find out that I had my ECU re-flashed. Even if they do, I doubt they'd flat-out refuse to honor my warranty.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm very happy with my APR 91 tune. Seem to get better mileage and a better pull. I wouldn't call it totally night and day, but it is definitely a better feel. Tune is my only mod - stock exhaust and intake.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good to hear people are happy with it. I am just deciding whether to go with Stasis or APR. Seems like besides the warranty Stasis provides, APR is better in every way.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Muray
Good to hear people are happy with it. I am just deciding whether to go with Stasis or APR. Seems like besides the warranty Stasis provides, APR is better in every way.
Yeah I was initially in your position. Worried about having my warranty voided. But then I learned that APR will have program-switching available (well, at least that's what we're told . . .), which allows you to put the car back to stock before bringing it to the dealer. But if you think about it, how is your dealer really going to find out that you have the ECU re-flashed? It just doesn't seem that plausible of a scenario for me. Once I got over that hurdle, APR was a no-brainer.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR - Best Upgrade so far
Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the stasis tune is the Apr 91 octane tune.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
I think the stasis tune is the Apr 91 octane tune.
U are correct sir.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

This topic has been beaten to death and back again...

If you want a warranty - go Stasis
If you dont - go APR or still go Stasis

In my opinion the tune switching is not that big of a deal - unless you have to adapt to different octane gas levels. The whole thing about tune switching back to stock is really not that big of a deal if you really think it through but peopel that want to sell you on something make it a bigger thing then it is.

It all comes down to level of risk you want to take.

Quick Reply: Any trouble with Stasis/APR tune?