S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Anyone do a DIY Laser Jammer ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone do a DIY Laser Jammer ?

Hi guys, I am very interested in putting a Laser Jammer in my S4 and was wondering if any of you have actually installed them yourself ? I was talking to some people and reading on some other forums and a lot of people are going with the Cincinnati Microwave Shifter ZR4, what do you guys think ? I would be really interested in finding someone who did a self install with pictures, but would also consider having a shop put it in if necessary. Thanks !
Old 01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
Hi guys, I am very interested in putting a Laser Jammer in my S4 and was wondering if any of you have actually installed them yourself ? I was talking to some people and reading on some other forums and a lot of people are going with the Cincinnati Microwave Shifter ZR4, what do you guys think ? I would be really interested in finding someone who did a self install with pictures, but would also consider having a shop put it in if necessary. Thanks !
I self-installed mine. Stay away from the ZR4. It's pretty worthless and allows punchthrough like crazy. Laser Interceptor is what you want. The heads fit perfectly in the grill and it offers jam to gun performance, updateable firmware, uses diodes rather than LEDs for much higher output. It's pretty bulletproof. Pics of my install are below. I used 3M mounting tape for the heads (leveled with the included bubble level and aligned with a straight edge), ran the wires through the ECU box and into the cabin, and hid the CPU under the lower drivers dash mounted to a plastic bracket with mounting tape. The switch is in the ash tray as you can see, and that is the only drilling or modification I did to the car itself.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Search rocks.

https://forums.audiworld.com/search....archid=5361019
Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's my install - a 9500ci (now Bel STi-r+) and Laser Interceptor. I agree completely with helix139, ZR4's are a complete waste of money. My install was completely self-taught DIY using a lot of online examples from all different types of cars.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Dual-installed
Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys, I will look into getting a Laser Interceptor right away !
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

NWS4Guy - How have you donw with your Laser Jammer in the Seattle area ? I know how the troopers love to sit on I5, sneaky little cops
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is not a DIY, but you may get some ideas from the professional install of my STiR+ and LI Dual...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...15&postcount=1

I wish I had the time and expertise to do this type of thing myself. Unfortunately, I had to pay someone to do it for me

They did go a great job though.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pepsiguy
NWS4Guy - How have you donw with your Laser Jammer in the Seattle area ? I know how the troopers love to sit on I5, sneaky little cops
I don't have it, but Tails that did the write up does. He and a few others here said it's great - I know about the WSP, I got tagged a few months back by a bike cop sitting on the entrance ramp on the other side of a bridge with laser - he was leaning over and shooting under the bridge as people came towards him.

Not fun
Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I don't have it, but Tails that did the write up does. He and a few others here said it's great - I know about the WSP, I got tagged a few months back by a bike cop sitting on the entrance ramp on the other side of a bridge with laser - he was leaning over and shooting under the bridge as people came towards him.

Not fun
Let's both buy one and install em together I see the troopers everywhere I go, but I drive a lot of work, so I am on the road. What is really getting on my nerves is all the red light cameras that have been popping up in our area. They do more harm then good, causing a lot of accidents because people slam on their breaks in the last second.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pyro451
It is not a DIY, but you may get some ideas from the professional install of my STiR+ and LI Dual...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...15&postcount=1

I wish I had the time and expertise to do this type of thing myself. Unfortunately, I had to pay someone to do it for me

They did go a great job though.
Yeah man, that looks nice, very clean job. So, do you like it ?

Quick Reply: Anyone do a DIY Laser Jammer ?