S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

anyone getting invoice on 2010 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone getting invoice on 2010 S4?

When will dealers let go of their 2010 S4 at invoice?

To a further extent, invoice on special orders.. now thats a deal.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default They would be crazy to do so

It just doesn't make sense to sell a brand new, high demand car for invoice. The best you can hope for right now is $1000 or $1500 off MSRP. How do you expect the dealership to keep the lights on by selling at their cost when there's no incentive money?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't think of any dealer who would be financially savvy enough to have an Audi dealership who would do something like this.

Best youc an hope for is $500 over invoice as a member of the Audi Supplier chain, or as an employee of a dealership or Audi itself. That said, anyone partaking of this special price is also eligible for any deals or other offers to piggy back onto it when taking delivery.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got $2K over invoice as a repeat customer.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

1500 over invoice and free audi care.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ffx10000

They are in such demand right now; I don’t think you will see any going for invoice for quite a while. Also, if someone claims to have only paid invoice I would be highly skeptical. Think the best deal I have seen repeatedly is from people who work for a company that is part of Audi’s discount program. Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 09-25-2009, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered mine at invoice. I go through one of the guys who does the company car program for a variety of companies and my family has been using him for about 10 years now. I tell him what I want he gets it done within a day. I am assuming he can get it at invoice because the guy probably does 50-100 cars a month and has plenty of contacts with all sorts of dealers.

That doesn't put me off the hook because of course for his services he takes about $1000-1500. But let me tell you how great it is and how worth it. I called him on a Monday with what i wanted and what the maximum monthly payment I want to pay and by Wednesday I had a production date with an amazing rate. Another benefit is that we get locked into a rate and whatever the best rate there is between the time I ordered and the time of delivery, that's the rate I will get. So for example, he got my car for $900/mo after taxes, if that rate improves at all I could further reduce my monthly payments by the time of delivery. The car gets delivered to my door on a flatbed and the best part is I just drop my currently leased car off at his office and he takes care of all that as well.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zillmc
Another benefit is that we get locked into a rate and whatever the best rate there is between the time I ordered and the time of delivery, that's the rate I will get. So for example, he got my car for $900/mo after taxes, if that rate improves at all I could further reduce my monthly payments by the time of delivery. The car gets delivered to my door on a flatbed and the best part is I just drop my currently leased car off at his office and he takes care of all that as well.
The nice part here is locking in without a VIN number form what you say. Anyone who orders can go with a better rate if that is availible closer to delivery. No finance company will typically lock in until at bare minimum the VIN number is created, which means it is on the line being built. Most won't touch it (but will lock you in for 30 days max) until it arrives, since it's not actually YOUR car till you take delivery and sign.

The reason for this is that it's still Audi's car and if (God forbid) something happens like it falls off the boat, the car transport wrecks, etc - it can get sticky if the Audi says "Well your bank actually owns it now, we just didn't get it to you yet cause you already did the paperwork."
Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ffx10000

When you start working for free, that's when you can expect car dealership employees to work for free.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

From my couple years of experience in the car business, selling a car at invoice really doesn't lose the dealership as much money as once would think. The Dealership really "owns" (well the bank actually) for about 2%-4% below the invoice pricing. It's called dealer holdback.

So to give you an example (with simple numbers)
MSRP- $30,000
Invoice- $27,500
Dealer Holdback- 4% of 27,500 -1100
Actual amount dealer has in the car -$26,400

I'm not sure exactly what Audi has set up but thats the way it was with Subaru and Ford. The dealer does not have to give up any holdback on the vehicle. Can a dealership choose to sell at invoice or below? sure, will they? maybe, maybe not.

Quick Reply: anyone getting invoice on 2010 S4?