S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Anyone have pics of the B8 S4 with Audi's current Winter Wheel and Tire Package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smith837
May have answered my own question. I downloaded the A4/S4 brochure and there are some photos in there of a Premium Plus A4 with the same wheels -- good enough to get a sense of how these wheels will look on the S4. Actually, looks better than I thought it would.

Attachment 13107
Actually, those are the wheels that come with the A4 Prestige, but who's counting?

I think they are nice looking wheels, to be honest. Simple and tasteful.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18" Elbrus 104 wheels and Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D's
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the reasoning in going with the Audi packages, and paying 2x as much as getting the winter tires and rims from somewhere else. The dealer quoted me $3k+ for the Audi package, and I got one from TR for $1500. The hour it took me to jack up the car and put the new set on was worth the savings. Also, I'd still have to drive the car to the dealer and that would be more than an hour of wasted time. They are just winters after all, but to each their own.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree and because I'm all thumbs, my local tire guy had them delivered to him, I think he made a few % points + he charged me $50 to mount them. About half the cost of the genuine Audi package.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011_S4
Forum newbie here..
Just had these put on my car this weekend...Same opinion, they actually look better on the car than they do on their own in pictures.
Glad to hear it. Would love to see some real world pics if you've got 'em.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Banned

I realize that Audi's current WW&T Package is not a fave choice around here, but I'd really like to see what the car looks like with it. The wheels/tires in question are these:

Attachment 13102
those look just like the new sport package A4 wheels (and the B6 version!)

Old 12-19-2010, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
those look just like the new sport package A4 wheels (and the B6 version!)

Thanks Sak. Missed this post. Yes, this is EXACTLY what they look like.

FWIW, had mine put on about a month ago. At first, they were SO different from the 19" tri-spokes that I wasn't sure what to think, and wasn't sure I'd warm to them. But I have. They look quite good in person, albeit very understated. Added benefit is that they are quite easy to wash, and clean up much faster than the tri-spokes -- important consideration on cold winter days.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

May have answered my own question. I downloaded the A4/S4 brochure and there are some photos in there of a Premium Plus A4 with the same wheels -- good enough to get a sense of how these wheels will look on the S4. Actually, looks better than I thought it would.

Attachment 13107
Super easy to wash - I like it!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
I'm actually getting the S5 wheels - same tires I believe. I'll post pics in a few weeks when I have them installed. The S4 wheels are just a little bland.
When I asked my dealer about the A5/S5 winter wheels, which looked the same as the standard 18" S4 wheels, his response was "Unfortunately the offset of the s5/a5 wheels is quite different from the a4/s4 and cannot be interchanged , audi states to never do this swap due to interference problems and wheel bearing load".

FWIW, I ended up going with the winter tire package that they offer for the S4 (at a great discount which tells me that there is tons of wiggle room from MSRP for the dealer) and figured I could use the visual change in the rim. The Audi tire package also comes with free tire totes which can help with storage and transportation.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by boomerang
FWIW, I ended up going with the winter tire package that they offer for the S4 (at a great discount which tells me that there is tons of wiggle room from MSRP for the dealer)...
Congrats. Would love to hear more (details), if you are at liberty to share.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of the B8 S4 with Audi's current Winter Wheel and Tire Package?