S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

APR numbers are out

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
So is it safe to guess that the APR tuned car is going to be more of a low 12 1/4 car? My initial guess was ~12.4... perhaps it's even lower since these were from a roll? I would imagine from a stand still, the S4 would really jump ahead.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.... with a super charger upgrade, this car should be able to get into the 11's. Now, lets hope it's cheaper than the RS4 version that just came out.
IMO and like I have said for a while now.... the S4 will run 12.2 - 12.4 with exhaust, intake and tune. I also am fairly confident that I will make an 11 second pass w/o changing the blower. It will take a pulley, 100 octane tune, probably HFC's, and maybe some minor weight reduction. We shall see in do time.... Now when can I buy this damn tune, since I can't drive 800 miles to H20 this weekend! LOL
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 81bear
They actually ran to 140mph and it was agreed, by both the individuals, that a dig race would be way to lopsided in the favour of the S4 to even attempt. Just saying
wouldn't you like to see it though? I mean their opinions are valued, but frankly I'd rather see the race. Maybe the M3 driver just sucks at or doesn't want to launch his car.

If good drivers can launch an M3 to 60mph in 4.1 seconds per last month's C&D/MT, I really don't think it's going to be embarassing for one to line up with a tuned DSG S4.

AWD launches aren't more effective than RWD...they're just idiot proof in that you don't spin your tires while the other guy runs away from you. Most M3 owners aren't so big on launching the car so I can totally see why he'd say 'oh forget it...wouldn't be close.'

What was the gap from 60-140mph?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by primetime
IMO and like I have said for a while now.... the S4 will run 12.2 - 12.4 with exhaust, intake and tune. I also am fairly confident that I will make an 11 second pass w/o changing the blower. It will take a pulley, 100 octane tune, probably HFC's, and maybe some minor weight reduction. We shall see in do time.... Now when can I buy this damn tune, since I can't drive 800 miles to H20 this weekend! LOL
isn't it available yet? I thought you could ship them your ECU? Just PM Keith and he'll take care of you. He wants to see guys like you get tuned...great sales builder to see you getting real results from it.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
wouldn't you like to see it though? I mean their opinions are valued, but frankly I'd rather see the race. Maybe the M3 driver just sucks at or doesn't want to launch his car.

If good drivers can launch an M3 to 60mph in 4.1 seconds per last month's C&D/MT, I really don't think it's going to be embarassing for one to line up with a tuned DSG S4.

AWD launches aren't more effective than RWD...they're just idiot proof in that you don't spin your tires while the other guy runs away from you. Most M3 owners aren't so big on launching the car so I can totally see why he'd say 'oh forget it...wouldn't be close.'
Your right maybe he just sucks at or doesn't want to launch his car or maybe not. I think the low end TQ would give the S a slight advantage but hey the only way to know for sure is to have the race and see.

He said he immediately pulled 3 cars and continued to consistently pull till they hit traffic. He also said the gap was about 50-55% of what APR's car did to his stock. I'm guessing about 5 cars or so. The M3 guy also posted a very lopsided result but did not include specific gap details.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 81bear
Your right maybe he just sucks at or doesn't want to launch his car or maybe not. I think the low end TQ would give the S a slight advantage but hey the only way to know for sure is to have the race and see.

He said he immediately pulled 3 cars and continued to consistently pull till they hit traffic. He also said the gap was about 50-55% of what APR's car did to his stock. I'm guessing about 5 cars or so. The M3 guy also posted a very lopsided result but did not include specific gap details.
pretty crazy!

that brendan guy is aggressively hunting down cars...he's having fun. You guys should get him a list of potential races. i.e. C63, M3, M5, etc.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
So is it safe to guess that the APR tuned car is going to be more of a low 12 1/4 car? My initial guess was ~12.4... perhaps it's even lower since these were from a roll? I would imagine from a stand still, the S4 would really jump ahead.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.... with a super charger upgrade, this car should be able to get into the 11's. Now, lets hope it's cheaper than the RS4 version that just came out.
didn't know the supercharger for RS4 came out.. just checked the price.. God I hope it's cheaper...
Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Un1k
didn't know the supercharger for RS4 came out.. just checked the price.. God I hope it's cheaper...
It's a lot of time, money, development, and mainly parts. This car was never designed around FI, which serves as a large portion of the cost and challenge.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
It's a lot of time, money, development, and mainly parts. This car was never designed around FI, which serves as a large portion of the cost and challenge.
Yeah, isn't there pretty much a charger ready to "bolt" onto our engines? Just a larger size?

I would spend 3-5k perhaps, but no way 20. I'd just leave it where it is. lol

For reference, the SC for my NSX was about $10k all said and done... but that was for a car that didn't already have one... and a very low volume car.

Last edited by DrVolkl; 09-22-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think of AWD launches as more than idiot proof... you can put more power down right away without spinning tires. A high revving M3 needs to be at a lower RPM to not spin the tires and thus already at a disadvantage off the line (on top of being an idiot and messing it up). Unless the engine is in the rear of the car, a rwd car has some definite disadvantages to AWD off the line... but of course they always tend to catch up later since drivetrain loss is less.... plus their generally lighter.... so unless he's running drag slicks...

Sounds like he's going out against a Sage 3 B5 tonight. Here's what he posted:

"Capitol raceway only does runs on friday nights for test and tune and this friday i'll be in ocean ****ty for H20. When i get back though i'll run.

There will be a video tape of the Stg3 car without a doubt.

The Stage 3 car is modded as follows:
Vast Stage 3 fueling with 60lb injectors, Maf housing, 4bar FPR, Tune etc.
Standard K04's with 034 Inlets
Stock sidemounts
SSAC turboback exhaust
RS4 Clutch
APR Bipipe and APR R1 diverters
AWE DTS"

So again, I'm not sure what that means... but I know those cars are pretty fast. Looking forward to hearing the results.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

hmm, bad news, seems like the weather is really bad so this might get postponed

Quick Reply: APR numbers are out